twenty-nine. HATED

TWENTY-NINE. HATED

Haeun's eyes left a stream of red whenever she moved, blood splattering left and right.

Guns and magic were being used against her but she somehow always dodged, except for one single time.

She had seen it coming at her but hadn't reacted fast enough.

Turns out, she did.

Because she didn't feel it, a clear, red-tinted bubble surrounded her, the magic absorbing into the bubble.

She looked around, feeling a little shocked but knowing what it was.

"Seems like your biggest fear came true," Haeun smirked, staring right at Barang who was trying to get the non-warriors out of the building.

Her eyes widened as she rushed everyone out.

"She just got a whole lot more dangerous," She whispered to the other supernatural leaders.

"Who is she?"

"Haeun Moon-Argyris' great-granddaughter, thousands of generations removed."

The other leader's eyes widened and took a closer look at the girl.

If they had paid closer attention, they would've thought she was the original vampire.

"I thought she was killed!"

"She was, but her family got away. One we weren't aware she had until 5 centuries ago and they were a formidable family."

"She has the fate's gifts."

"She does."

"How do you expect us to defeat her?!" One yelled, Barang knew she had a weakness, as much as she wanted to deny it, she loved her sons a lot, and they did too.

"We just need to hold her off, I have something that will defeat her, but it won't be here for a bit."

"Alright, try and prevent as little casualties as possible."

The leaders surrounded the girl with warriors, watching as she licked up the blood dripping from her hands.

Red lips twisted into a sinister smile while her eyes flashed red, the pendant hanging around her neck, perfectly visible to the leaders.

They watched as her fangs dragged along her fingers, terrifying was an understatement.

"I've been itching for a fight, 2 months is way too long for an assassin itch," She said, her voice suddenly sounding darker and more seductive.

They stood behind as warriors came at her, falling back within seconds.

Her hands waved around gracefully, a contrast from the gruesome scene and sounds of flesh tearing and bones snapping.

She walked through the crowd of soldiers, killing them off while stepping over dead bodies, just to get to the leaders.

"She's insane! This girl is a psychopath!" The King of Fae spoke, eyes widening as he stepped back.

"That's a little... insulting," She said with her head cocked to the side.

"You've killed enough of our people! Stop!"

"Your people? Now you care about your people?" She taunted.

"I always care about my people, you don't know what you're talking about."

"If you cared so much about your people, you wouldn't be going to war, a war where children will starve and warriors will be slaughtered, wherein a short amount of time, your kind will go extinct and we will once again live in a human-dominated society. You care about them? Do not go to war."

"This war is inevitable! Our citizens know this and are prepared to go," THe Queen said in confidence.

"Inevitable?" She asked, "Is that right? You all are at an advantage, in strength, intelligence and power. Humans, though there are smart ones and ones that are more intelligent than you, they're rash, they don't plan. This war could be over before it started. Unless you're planning to win for dominance, just like the humans."

Haeun watched as they stood there.

"You're not being serious, are you?" Haeun scoffed, "Wow, of course. History repeats itself."

"Like you said, we're superior, so why shouldn't we have more power?" The Prime said.

"Are you seriously asking me that?" She spoke, shaking her head. "Oh, okay. But here's another scenario, you win, wow, congratulations!"

SHe said in an overly exciting manner.

"100 years pass, you have your issue with each other but you solve it out, but the vampires are a large group of people and need more space. They want the Fae forests, the King says no. But using your logic, but why?"

Her actions were overly animated and she acted like a kindergartener teacher.

"Well, let me think," She tapped her finger on her chin, pretending to think. "Well, vampires are faster, stronger, have unique gifts and more intelligent, so why? As a result of this, The Fae and Vampires go to war, the other species are trapped in the middle, history repeats."

THe leaders look at each other, uncomfortable.

"And none of you are speaking, because you know I'm right and you CANNOT believe that the 'villain' in your story is right."

"Stop speaking of things you know nothing about, child! You arrogant bitch-"

"I dare you to finish that sentence Fae King, it's my soulmate you're talking to," Eyes diverted behind the leaders, Namjoons seriousness scaring the leaders.

As the Prime, he is a part of the highest branch in the system. Kings and Queens mean nothing when in front of the Prime.

"Prime, I apologize," The king bows. Haeun scoffed, arms over her chest and her eyes glaring over at the boys as they walked over.

"Haeun," Hoseok said, reaching for her hand.

"Don't fucking touch me," She seethed, trying to ignore the pain that flashed in his eyes when she jerked her hand away from his grasp.

"My love, we're sorry-"

"I don't give a shit if you're sorry, I don't want you in my life. Go back to Miran, you're stupid little girlfriend," Haeun cursed at them,

Haeun turned around, stepping over the legs of the dead when she felt arms around her body, tightening with every second.

She could hear Jungkook sniffling, trying not to cry, but she felt his tears falling onto her bare shoulder.

"Please- just listen to us, give us a chance to explain ourselves," Jungkook whispered, arms tightening around her, unable to loosen them, afraid she would run away and never come back to them. "Princess- please,"

Haeun hated it.

How she melted in their warmth, their hold. How she felt so safe and untouchable.

She hated that it seemed like she needed them.

Because she didn't want to need them, she only wanted to need herself.

She wanted only to depend on herself for her happiness and safety, she wanted that, but she knew, deep down, she knew she wanted to depend on them too.

Tears touched the bare skin on her shoulder, arms around her torso and arms.

She felt trapped, but... for once, she didn't mind it.