forty. THE PREP

FORTY. THE PREP

Outrage from the head Argyris family ensured.

"This is impossible!" Her mother yelled.

"Sit down, child!"

"Cousin Edith, you're out of line!"

Haeun could only stare at her cousin.

It was impossible for her to have the gene when her father wasn't born with it or unlocked it like Haeun did. It was utterly impossible for her to possess it when her bloodline had gotten rid of it.

But the impossible was standing right in front of her, and though she had the gene, she was bold to challenge Haeun.

Her stance was off and Haeun could see a million ways to disarm her and kill her the second she stepped foot in front of her.

Instead, she simply grabbed her wrist, crushing it so that bone fragments split throughout her bloodstream.

"I, Syrin Argyris, accept your challenge. You have 48 hours, our staff will give you the guest wing. Make yourselves comfortable."

And with that, the Head family walked off, following the daughter.

Once they were behind closed doors, Haeun spoke.

"Namjoon, call Ashley. Get her here now and meet me in the library."

✵✵✵

Haeun's family sat around the library table, waiting for Namjoon to walk in with Ashley and when he did; Haeun went straight to hug her, surprising everyone.

"Haeun, it's been forever, how are you? I'm glad everything resolved itself."

"It's crazy, I need you to teach me how to use the sorcerer side of me," Her family looked at her.

"You unlocked it?"

"It just came out while I was fighting the supernatural leaders, I don't know how or why. It just did and I want to control it."

"Why so sudden?"

"I want to use it against my cousin."

"Wait- WHAT?! How is everyone okay with this?"

"Our family rules are... different," Haneul said with a soft smile, which didn't comfort a very stressed out Ashley.

"Let me explain the Argyris power rules. Everyone in the room is the Head family of the Argyris family and everyone else who is in the family but is not the head can challenge us to a fight, a duel- whatever you want to call it, and my cousin who somehow did the impossible, awakening the Argyris gene, challenged me for the Mistress position. The lead female position in the family, but when she did that, it wasn't only me she was challenging, it was my whole family."

"WHAT?!" Jin exclaimed. "You're all going to fight each other?!"

"Her family will be fighting my family. So her brothers and sisters, her against me and since she has a fiance, someone she plans on marrying, he'll have to fight too."

"That doesn't make sense, none of you have a significant other," Namjoon spoke, eyebrows furrowed.

"Did you really forget about yourselves?" Haeun laughed.

The seven of them froze.

"Love, you want seven vampires to fight one human? Do you want us to kill him?" Yoongi laughed