twenty-seven. HOME

TWENTY-SEVEN. HOME

She drove up to the Argyris Manor, finding a woman standing outside of the gate.

As she got closer, she found that it was Miran. She was angry at her, of course, but she wanted to know what she was doing there.

She told some of the assassins outside of the manor to help bring her things inside while she spoke to the woman in front of her.

"What are you doing here?" Haeun asked, eyes narrowing.

"I think I earned the right to gloat. I told you I 'd get my boys back."

Haeun crossed her arms, looking down at the stone of the driveway. She had no fight in her anymore, not for this.

"Okay, you got the boys. Are you done?" She asked, voice small without any anger. Just pain. Miran was taken aback from the reaction but stayed silent out of shock.

Haeun took that as a sign that she was done and started to walk off, feeling cold from the winter air.

"What? You're not going to have some snarky remark or fight back?!" Miran yelled. Haeun paused in her step.

"They..." She started, closing her eyes to stop the tears that would threaten to fall. "They loved and some love you right now, and they're happy and they clearly don't want me there and frankly, I really can't take it anymore."

Haeun turned to Miran, whose eyes widened at the sight of Haeun.

Pained eyes and weak looking posture, something she had never seen before.

"Just... take care of them and make them happy and leave me alone, that's all I ask," Haeun dug in her pockets and fished out the keys to the car that Taehyung gave her. "Take this back, tell them I don't want it."

She started to walk into the manor, feeling herself shaking.

Miran watched as she disappeared, feeling guilty for putting the girl through that.

But she got what she wanted, and decided to focus on that. But it didn't mean that she wasn't feeling for the girl.

✵✵✵

Haeun walked into the home, her brother meeting her at the door with a pained look.

Haeun knew exactly what that meant and sprinted her parent's room where doctors were rushing in and out of the room.

She stood to the side, frozen as she watched her father being revived, being pumped with drugs and his bare chest being electrocuted.

She watched as the monitor continued to flatline, the beeping getting more rapid and the tension in the room thickening.

Her hands covered her mouth as tears streamed down her face, she felt sick.

She felt pain.

She felt like she was dying.

And she wanted her boys but she knew that wouldn't happen.

✵✵✵

As soon as things had calmed down, the family stayed in the room while the doctors explained what was happening.

"The poison in the body is something that shouldn't exist, and something we have no information on. It's a toxin found in the blood. But there's something off, because there are tracings of another DNA circling his body and we're afraid that's where the toxin is coming from."