The Past

Chapter 38

As those eight words escaped through Samantha's lips, everyone including Jacob and Daniella were speechless. Jacob knew what she was because she told him. He just never knew the story behind it. As for Daniella, the stories that her father had told her were not even close to what Samantha had told them.

"Intense," Embry breathed out.

Samantha let out a laugh,"Yeah I know."

"What does all that make you then?" Samuel asks his sister who was having a conversation with her inner wolf, Sia.

"It makes me a hybrid."

"How is that possible? I thought they were extinct," He said trying to think of ways a hybrid could be reborn.

"That's what Jeremiah said. I'm assuming I got it because I was bitten. Remember what I told you, it could be possible for a werewolf to heal from a vampires bite but it probably had to come with a price. I looked into some myths or legends that in some of them, states that in some cases it's possible for both werewolf and vampire venoms to bond together in some type of way," Samantha got up from the couch and made her way towards the kitchen to get herself a glass of cold ice water.

"Mind telling me what hybrids are capable from what you've experienced so far? From what I've read, hybrids are terrifying," her brother said causing a chuckle to escape from Samantha.

"Well I could tell you one thing is that we're not as terrifying as we seem like in the stories. I'm pretty sure you know that we have the ability to heal, strength, fast reflexes, incredible hearing and also our running is amazing. We also have powers which is what I received from Athena," Samantha took a sip from her glass of cold water.

"And your powers are-?" Sam said waiting for her to continue on.

"I have the ability to read people's minds which I'm still trying to tame because having a bunch of voices in your head is no fun. Also I can make people feel pain or try to control someone's body telepathically." She added on,"Although I'm still having trouble with those two. It's a lot complicated than it looks."

"Have you ever controlled someone's body or made them feel any pain?" Daniella asks out of the blue.

Samantha nodded her head,"I did however I ended up draining myself. For a new hybrid to gain power it's very difficult to control in the beginning. However, if they had a master or someone to teach them how to tame their gifts then they should be perfectly fine."

"Do you have control over them?" Jared questioned with a bit of fear of what her answer might be. He does not want somebody to control his body or worse, have him feel pain.

Sighing, Samantha replied,"Yes and no. My powers have to be triggered. It's mostly triggered by anger or-" she inhaled then exhaled before speaking again.

"Or pain."

As the word pain escaped her lips the whole room went silent. The sound of everyone's breathing as well as the birds chirping from outside was all the noise you could hear.

"You never really told me what was going on with you for the past eight years you've been away."

"You don't have to tell him if you're not ready," Derek told her.

Jacob had to swallow his jealousy and hatred towards Derek. It took everything in his body to not phase and rip him apart. Sensing his anger, Samantha grabbed Jacob's hand and squeezed it. "I'll be fine. He and the rest are bound to know sooner or later."