Surprise After Surprise

Chapter 18

•••

The Quileute boy was straight up losing his mind. He couldn't sleep which he has tried to but it would most likely end up with him waking up from a nightmare. He couldn't whatever food his father made for him which was a supervise seeing as how he always are whatever his father would make him. He couldn't keep up with his patrolling which had caused Samuel to have someone else patrol beside Jacob.

It was all because of Samantha.

As soon as he found out that he had imprinted on her, he has tried his best to make it up to her but she never returned any of his texts or calls. Which, one time, had led to him to go to Samantha's house only to have him walk out with no word from her. A week without no contact from her was a week of hell for Jacob. Her brother tried talking to her for him but just with Jacob, she ignored him as well.

"Hey it's Sammy, you know the drill."

Jacob slammed his phone down on the kitchen table which caused a crack noise to echo through his ears. He turned the phone around only to see its front screen shattered. Throwing the phone against the wall as well as shouting out a few cuss words, he took a seat and tried his best to calm himself down.

"Jacob calm down," his father said while coming out of the living room.

"I can't calm down," Jacob replied, his fists both clenched into fists.

"Give her some time son. She'll come around," Billy assured him.

"What if she doesn't," Jacob mumbled.

"You two have been through thick and thin with each other. I doubt she'll let this get in the way of your friendship." Without being said, Billy patted his sons' shoulder the wheeled himself back to the living room.

"I don't want a friendship with her," he added on.

"I want us to be something more."

***

"Hey Sammy, it's Jake again. Just please let me explain. I-I don't know what other way to put it for you. Call me back when you hear this."

Deleting the tenth voicemail from Jacob, Samantha ran her fingers through her hair before leaving it on there and continuing on listening to the next voicemail he's left for her. As she listened, Bella came in with her computer and took a seat on Samantha's bed.

"So I did some research-" Bella began but was interrupted by Samantha who just wanted to be left alone at the moment.

"Shouldn't you be at school?" Samantha asked her while listening to the next voicemail then deleting it afterwards.