" There's No Hope "

Chapter 32

As the words slipped out of Frankie's mouth, Samantha quickly pressed down on her brakes causing the tires of her Toyota car to make a screech noise. Since hardly anyone was on the road she just stood where she was at. "Why?" Was all she asked.

Frankie sighed but then shrugged his shoulders and threw his arms up,"I don't know!" Samantha's ears perked up when she heard his heart pick up. "Say that again."

Frankie looked at her confused,"I don't know."

"You're lying."

"What the hell did you do Frankie?" Samantha asked sternly. Before Frankie could say anything Samantha's phone rang which she quickly check to see who it was.

Without saying a word to Frankie, she answered the phone call. As soon as she placed her phone against her ear the sound of sobs was what she heard through the other line.

"Jen what's wrong?" Samantha asked her even though she already knew the answer.

"C-can you come to the house?" Jennifer managed to say through her tears.

"I'll be their in five minutes." Samantha hanged up her phone then glared at Frankie.

"If you did anything stupid, your ass better run or else you're going to get a beating of your lifetime."

***

As soon as she pulled in her driveway she jogged towards the front door and lifted the old rusty pot that was on the right side corner of the porch and took the key that hid under it. Frankie on the other hand didn't go with her. He decided it was best to not see Jennifer. Once Samantha opened and shut the door she slowly walked up the stairs when she heard voices coming from upstairs.

"You look like shit," the sound of Brittany's voice caused her to clench her fists tightly.

"What do you want Brittany?" Jennifer asked already annoyed at Brittany's appearance.

"Just wanted to know if you needed anything," came Brittany's response.

"What I need is for you to get the hell out," Jennifer snapped.

"Can you just go you've done enough," Jennifer said but it came out as a mumble.

"And whose going to make me?" Brittany asked.

In cue, Samantha now stood in the doorway, her arms crossed. "I will if you don't get out."

Brittany turned around and saw Samantha who was already glaring at her. Not saying a word to either of them, Brittany walked out of the room, on her way out she brushed her shoulder against Samantha causing Samantha to shiver in disgust. Ignoring Brittany's small actions, Samantha shut the door then began to walk towards Jennifer who immediately got up from her bed and wrapped her arms around Samantha while pulling her in a tight embrace as the tears in her eyes came rolling down her cheeks.

Not knowing what to do, Samantha awkwardly rubbed Jennifer's back but soon wrapped her arms around her waist. "Hey, it's okay. You still have me," Samantha told her trying to lighten up her mood. Jennifer managed to laugh but was soon turned into another cry. Sighing, Samantha pulled away from Jennifer and grabbed her sleeve and wiped the tears that were running down Jennifer's face.

"You shouldn't cry over him Jen. A guy isn't worth your tears," Samantha simply said.

***

Frankie sat down on the bench that was on the front porch while listening to the conversation that was going on in Jennifer's room. Every time he heard Jennifer's cries he would shut his eyes hoping all of this was just a dream.