Chapter 25: a Promise Kept

Chapter 25: A promise kept
Warning this chapter has mention of r*pe/non con from previous chapter.
3rd POV
It took a total of two days for Zoé to be released and in that time Rin talked with Mei and Cody to get permission to go on a date with her.

"I don't like the idea of her being with anyone, but there are things you should know. She's ace." Mei said with a stern face

"I can accept that. As long as she's comfortable I'll be happy." Rin said understandingly. He is an ally for the LGBTQ+ community.

"If she's uncomfortable with anything don't push. Mei's her best friend and even she doesn't know everything. Something happened in our last universe. She won't tell me or Mei. So just don't push." Cody said like an overprotective brother would.

"Of course, I can assure you that Father Fujimoto raised me to be a gentleman."

Meanwhile with Zoé...

"Listen Ms. Orion you can't do too much strenuous activities. You overused your powers, take it easy for the next few days. Ask for help from friends if you even think you'll need it." The doctor said

"Ok I'll do what you say." Zoé replied

"There's one other thing. When we did your initial exam to check your body we noticed that it looked like you'd been sexually assaulted by someone before you did what you did. I need to know was it consensual." The doctor asked. I'm shocked it's been a few weeks by now but I guess I can't escape what happened.

"It wasn't I just don't want to be pitied. I know that if I tell my friends it'll feel better but I don't want to see the look of pity in their eyes when I look at them."

"Alright tell them in your own time, but you need to tell someone it'll feel like a weight off your chest."

"knock knock. I'm here to pick Zoé up." Rin said poking his head in through the doorway.

"Ah yes Mr. Okumura. You may take her to her friends, just keep her seated so that she may rest." The doctor said as you could hear a groan come from Zoé.

With that Rin took Zoé out of the hospital and brought her to a cafe. Now let the date begin. Of course the Exwires and Mei and Cody were watching them because they're overprotective of their respective person. Now the future couple were sitting at this nice little cafe enjoying hot chocolate.

"Zoé, do you mind sharing something about yourself. If you're comfortable with doing so of course." Rin said, trying to make conversation with his date.

"I like reading, writing, and acting. But mostly reading." She said

"Do you like manga?"

"Yeah it's good, but have you tried action and fantasy books. I think you'd really like those."

"There's a book shop nearby maybe we could go there and see if there's anything you'd recommend."

"I would love to go to a bookstore. I have seen one in a while since we started working in the raindrops."

With that the two young lovers continued on their date with their secret supervisors going to Mephisto to watch the rest of the date. Once they got to a bookstore Zoé found some books that were action packed and easy to read as she could tell Rin wasn't a huge fan of long novels. Meanwhile Rin picked out some fantasy books for Zoé. After the bookshop Rin could tell that Zoé was tired. They then went back to where the Disaster Trio were staying. Luckily Cody and Mei got back before Rin and Zoé.

"So how was your date?" Mei asked looking smug

"It was delightful and very fun. However I feel like I need a nap." Zoé responded

"That's expected from what we heard from the doctor. Here let me help, I'll take you to your room." Cody said, pushing her wheelchair towards the room. Zoé was weary of him and showed in her face.

That left Mei and Rin alone together. She knew that something was up.

"Alright spill Okumura."

"I think something really bad happened to Zoé in the last universe you mentioned. She would sometimes flinch when I went to hold her hand. You also saw how she reacted to Cody pushing her away." Rin responded

"Yeah I saw that, but we can't force her to tell us. Who knows how long we'll be here. I can assure you one thing. That is that she won't tell anyone."

"Ok so just be there for her."

"Exactly."

~Timeskip two weeks later~
They had spent more time in this universe than any other and it was showing. Zoé and Rin had a few more dates and officially became a couple. Now it was time for them to leave.

"Zoé wait. Before you go take this." Rin said handing his girlfriend a necklace with a crystal the color of his flames.

"Rin this is beautiful." Zoé said in shock

"Just something for you to remember me as you go galavanting through the multiverse. It's crystallized blue flames. The clown helped me do it."

"It's beautiful. Goodbye Rin."

"Goodbye Zoé."

With the final goodbyes the Disaster Trio went back to the circle

"Zoé and Rin sitting in a tree." Mei said

"I better not be hearing taunting for the rest of this battle we have to face." Zoé said exasperated.

With that said they looked at the next part of the book. All it said was

Ancient