Chapter 7: Scars

*Zoé POV*

I was sitting in a medical bed with Mei and Cody sitting on the two sides of the bed. Mei was looking through her wave and Cody was writing down something in his journal, I was just sitting in the bed trying to get my leg to move, though the nurse said that I would be able to walk for a while.

After finally giving up on moving my leg, Hysan ran into the room and hugged Mei. Cody and I were equally confused, it wasn't normal for Mei to accept hugs. "Thank you Mei."

"What did I do exactly?" Mei asked, face going red from Hysan's suffocating hug. He released my friend but still kept his hands on her shoulders, his eyes were slightly red and puffy, like he had been crying.

"Rho's awake." He said with a small smile. Cody and I had no idea who this Rho was but Mei seemed happy.

Mei gave Hysan another small hug, "That's great Hysan. I told you she would. But why are you with us, go see her!"

It was very rare that Mei acted like that, though when it did I was always happy too. Hysan nodded and ran back out of the room, most likely to this Rho person. Mei turned back to the both of us and explained who Rho was.

The nurse then walked in and gave my crutches for my leg and helped me out of bed. We walked out and saw Matthais and Pandora walking around in the courtyard and they walked over once they saw us. We talked for a while about everything that's been going on and Pandora then asked who my leg was doing.

"Oh, well it's as good as it can- uph." I dropped my crutches and fell to the ground, dam Stone Circle. I could tell that Mei fell as well clutching the opposite shoulder as me. Cody, Matthias, and Pandora tried to help though there was nothing they could do.

Mei started to stand once the pain started to subside, and she helped me up a few minutes later. "What was that?" Pandora asked, handing me my crutches.

"That... was the Circle of Stones calling us back. It's time for us to leave." Mei said, making sure I was standing before she moved away from me.

"So you're leaving to go to a different universe?" Matthias asked us. The three of us nodded and grabbed each other's hands. "Well, I hope we meet again."

"Same." The three of us said in unison as we all focused on the Circle of Stones. I heard Cody whisper a small, "Bye." as we were whisked away back to the ethereal expanse of the Stone Circle.

Once we got to the Stone Circle all three of us were looking downward. "So, we just fought in a war." I said.

"Yep." Mei said quietly. Cody just walked over to the pedestal and looked into the book to see what was next.

"Do you think that this is all worth it? I mean you broke your leg, what's next a broken neck, torture... death?" Mei said, following Cody towards the book.

"Even if we wanted to leave... how can we? We just have to leave with our scars."

546 words