Chapter 22: ZoÉ has a mental breakdown over demons

Zoé POV;
FINALLY! We're back in the circle. I am tired of getting separated and kidnapped. Like TRUTH! Please let me be peaceful and safe. I can hear Mei and Cody whispering in the corner about putting me on a leash. I don't why, but Mei seems to be drifting away. 'Let's just hope this next world is calming and we aren't separated.' I thought to myself

Just as I finished that thought the book glowed. I took it out and it flipped to a chapter called "Assiah and Gehenna." Mei and Cody walked over to see the book. I skimmed down and saw that Gehenna was home to demons.

"Not AGAIN! Why do we have to deal with DEMONS AGAIN!" I shout

"Maybe Truth wants you to suffer?" Cody suggests.

"Not helping," I grit my teeth and say back. With that I was falling, now we've been doing this a while, instead of falling flat on someone I did a triple flip landing next to someone who looked familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I just hope he's not a demon.

"Who are you?" The boy said

With that I explained who I was to this familiar person yet it was like he was a stranger. Who is he?

"I'm Rin, nice to meet you!" He said.

We then shake hands and he explains what's going on. So he's half demon half human. We're on Lucifer's ship, his younger brother is here somewhere, and I have no idea where my friends are, or how I'm supposed to help here. Though I hate demons he's not too bad.

"I completely forgot to introduce myself and you told me so much about your life. I'm Zoé. I was sent to help you." I say as a slight blush crept up my face.

We then continue to walk around the ship. He tells me more about himself while I listen and support him when he gets to the tough parts of his story.

"You should know I had a rough childhood as well. My parents would always compare me to my brother. I had enough of it and when I was old enough I would walk to the library and spend the time reading to escape reality. I was also never popular. I mean sure guys hit on me cause of my looks, but they wanted something I would never give anyone." I say remembering how it was like in school before we found that book.

We continued to walk when someone bumped into me. I looked down and it was Cody then I heard gun shots.

"Yukio!" Rin yelled.

I guess that's his brother. We continued to walks toward Yukio but when Cody and I got close he pointed his gun at us. What is he exactly about to do?

"Rin get away from them!"

"Why Yukio Zoé is pretty nice. I've been talking with her for a while and she doesn't seem like a threat." Rin said back to his brother.

"Do you not see she has weapons on her. These two could be dangerous."

"Yeah but they're not holding them up. The only danger I see here is you four eyes."

Then the two brothers went at each other. I tried to run to Rin, it was like something pulled me towards him, but Cody grabbed me.

"You two are brothers and brothers don't hurt each other. From what I've heard you two are all you both have left of a family. Don't hurt you sibling. If me and my brother fought I would be so upset with myself. Just be a family." I yell at them.

Then there was a creepy voice coming from Yukio.
"Don't listen to that girl stupid child. She's trying to persuade you. Don't listen to her Yukio."

"Shut up and get out of my head. Rin please kill me, he's in my head."

I then got out of Cody's grip and ran towards them but it was too late they were already going all out. I then felt a pull in my gut. I followed it but Cody stayed behind to keep and eye on the twins. Rin made me feel all bubbly inside. I wonder why? Anyways I look into the room and I see people bustling around trying to prepare a medical bed for transfer. I then sensed a power that was very old. I decided to immediately throw a fireball at it, but then a shark suit threw up a water wall.

"Show yourself." The sickly person said.

I stepped out of the shadows with my sword drawn. "Who are you." I demanded

"I should be the one asking you that, but my name is Lucifer, demon king of light."

When he said that I got my holy water gun out and sprayed it at him. Shark dude tried to stop it but it just burned him instead. With that I threw another fireball at him. The shark dude gained control over water and stopped it again.

"Will you stop throwing fire at me. Now who are you!" Lucifer

"My name is Zoé Orion," when I said my name his face was one of shock," protector of the Raindrops. I guess I was sent here to stop demons or help Rin with something."

"I'm guessing it's to stop demons as you are wearing an exorcist uniform." He said, "but first let me ask you a question. What are your feelings towards Rin Okumura as he is half demon and the son of Satan?"

"Rin seems like someone who would care about others and put everyone before himself. I also don't see what his father has to do with anything." I say as my cheeks heat up.

"Lucifer look. The mortal seems to have feelings for our little brother." Shark dude said.

"Egyn I see it as well, but we must hurry before our younger brothers destroy my ship." Lucifer said and Egyn started the moving preparations.

Then people attacked me. I pulled out my regular gun and started firing at them. I eventually got enough room from the attackers where I could throw down a fireball creating a distraction.

"Fight you later Luci." I yell as I escaped that room. I could hear his frustration as I left.

A few minutes later I came to see the carnage that was where I left Rin and Yukio. I could see blue flames coming from Yukio's left eye. I then see Cody throw up a shield around himself as flames come straight towards him and Yukio. I then make my way over to Rin who was moving away from a rain of bullets sent by his brother.

"Hey flame boy, need some help?" I say as I stand beside him.

"Sure."