Chapter 10: We Were Inside a What?

Cody POV

Once I cleaned myself up after being forced to take care of Gideon the book started to glow and that meant that it was time for us to go to another Realm. I just hope it is more interesting than the last one, I was just stuck babysitting in the library for the entire time!

"Time to go!" Zoé told Mei and I. When we moved over to the book I noticed that Mei had a new bracelet on, I'll ask about it later, Because currently we were trying not to drown.

We appeared in the new realm inside of a pool.

"Oh shit!" I heard Zoé scream. Oh yeah, people with casts can't get them wet, she must be hating life right now. We got to the side of the pool-like thing and jumped up onto a metal platform.
Thankfully, when we breached the surface I was still able to use my magic so I just created a fire and dried us off very fast. I finally had a chance to look at our magically-chosen clothing. I was wearing a blue button up with tan pants and suspenders, I also had a paper-boy hat. Zoé was wearing a green and black dress with a weird hair thing and heels, while Mei had high-waisted brown pants and a tan shirt with black heels.

"Where are we now?" I asked the girls, Zoé responded in between deep breaths.

"1920's most likely, I think this is a flapper dress." Mei nodded along with her, seeming to agree.

I just nodded, what would someone in the 1920's think if he saw two teen girls with tattoos? Mei's was mostly covered by her shirt and sleeves, but Zoé, she had her Stone Circle tattoo and her Gemini tattoo from when we were in the Zodiac out in broad daylight. It may cause us some problems. Don't even get me started on Zoé's dyed hair! I was safe, the girls don't know but, when I joined them I got my own tattoo from the Stone Circle, it was way smaller than theirs though. It was just a small solar system on my right arm.

"Doesn't look like anyone is nearby. Let's look around." Mei told the two of us. I nodded and helped Zoé up and gave her my staff for her to try and use as a makeshift crutch. I was still feeling bad from falling on her leg last Realm.

I heard something walking around, but it wasn't big enough to be human. I turned around and saw a... possum? No, possums don't usually walk on two feet. It was a small creature with black fur and a pink nose? Beak? Honestly, I couldn't tell. It was really cute. The creature scampered over to me and jumped on my shoulder, "Hi there, what are you?"

The creature let me pet its head and it moved towards my neck. I started to laugh because it was tickling me, and now the girls were looking at me weird. Great.

I felt something move on my neck and the sound of feet so I looked and saw the creature running away with something. "Hey! That's my Philosopher's Stone!"
I started to run after the creature. It took my Philosopher's Stone that I got from the Zodiac! I didn't even realize that it transferred Realms with me, usually the clothing and things we get from other Realms will go into a certain area of the Stone Circle so this was new.

"Get back here rat!"

---

I chased the creature for what felt like half a mile, with Mei carrying Zoé for half that time. We reached a shack of some sort, it was covered in plants and dust, with books and bottles of things everywhere, There wasn't a clear space anywhere. Honestly, it reminded me of Sadie's bedroom, messy as hell but somehow organized.

The creature jumped onto a ladder and continued up it, I didn't see a second story, but hey, I want my Philosopher's Stone back! I climbed up the ladder following the rat thing with Mei and Zoé following behind. When we reached the top we were... in an apartment?

"Who the Hell are they?" I heard someone say in a Brooklyn accent, good at least we are in a city I know. I climbed completely out and helped Mei and Zoé out.

"That rat stole something from me. I want it back." I said to the guy holding it, he was wearing a trenchcoat and was looking at the three of us stunned. He looked at the rat and started to... rummage through its stomach.

"Give it." He told the rat like he was talking to a child, the guy was definitely british. He continued to rummage until he pulled out my Philosopher's Stone and... Mei's bracelet?

"I didn't even see it take my bracelet!" Mei said, grabbing her bracelet from the man as I took my necklace back and placed it back around my neck and under my shirt.

"Who are you and why were you in Newt's suitcase?" The Brooklyn guy said pointing to a brown case on the floor.

Zoé just looked at the men with a confused look, "We were inside a what?!"

---

Mei POV

"So you are from another world and you're here to like help or something?" The American, Jacob Kolwalski, asked us for the millionth time that night.

I just rolled my eyes, "Yes. Are you done asking?"

Kowalski just looked down at his hands and started to get up, "I need a drink."

I got up with him, "I second that-" Zoé pulled me back down into my seat.

"Mei. No."

"Alright I have to go and meet an associate. Would you want to come with me?" Newt asked the three of us. Zoé started to get up and walk towards the door.

"I'll need a jacket or something to cover my tattoos, maybe a hat for my hair." Newt reached over to a coat rack and gave her a jacket and hat.

"I'll come to. You might need help with that leg of yours and Newt doesn't know that much about our world." Cody said standing as well. The group left me at the apartment to try and figure some things out about this world. I was walking around the apartment looking for a book to read, when I eventually found one I started to skim through it by the bookshelf.

"Oh, don't tell me you're exactly like Newt?" I heard a soft voice say, I look over to see a fellow red-head in a pink evening dress. "Always in books."

"Well, back home some would consider me a bookworm. I just wanted to learn more about the Wizarding World." I said closing the book and placing it back on the shelf. I turned to the woman, "I'm Mei."

"Queenie Goldstein." We shook hands, "Oh, I didn't know you were an empath too."

"Empath?" I asked her, confused. She just fluffed some of her hair and said.

"Empath. Someone with the rare power of feeling another person's mental and emotional state, you're a powerful one too." She told me, grabbing her walking coat from the hook. "Books are boring. You want to learn, then let's go have some fun while doing it."

I grabbed the door behind Queenie and followed her out to the street, let's have some fun.

---

Zoé POV

Cody and I were walking alongside Newt down the streets until we came across an alleyway and we turned into it and hid inside of an abandoned car until a man walked up to it. "Dumbledore. Good to see you."

"Newt. Who are your associates?" the man, Dumbledore asked. I answered for Newt.

"Let's just say that we're not from here, but we are here to help." Cody and I stayed quiet, until Newt asked a certain question.

"So, do you know where Grindelwald is?" He asked with a poker face that could rival Mei's.

"Wait, Grindelwald, as in super evil wizard cult-leader grindelwald?" Cody asked, basically taking the words right from me. Newt slightly turned to us and nodded. Dumbledore gave Newt a piece of paper without showing us any of the writing on it and then left immediately.

Newt read the paper and then turned to us. "Let's go get your friend. Then we go fight Grindelwald."