Chapter 16: Why is Magic so Cruel

Cody POV

This time I didn't feel like I was falling rather I just kind of appeared, maybe I blacked-out I don't really know. But when I came to, I was on top of a black-haired man with glasses. I got up very quickly and looked around, the room I was in looked like an old museum. "Excuse me sir, how did you get onto the Trancy property?"

"I... uh... fell. I think. You see it's this weird thing where my friends and I are from another universe and we just kind of... appear." I said, trying not to get stabbed by this man's butter knife. When I stepped back I heard an electric noise and saw my friend, Mei, fall onto the butler's master.

"See! Like that!"

Mei POV

When I came to, in the newest realm I felt a very heavy weight on my legs. Still groggy and in a lot of pain from the battle with Lotor, I could tell that one of my ribs was broken and I had a mild concussion. I looked up and saw a young boy with platinum blonde hair and blue eyes, he had caught me when I fell though his hands had caught the wrong places. He had one hand on my butt and the other was um... near my upper chest. Like scarily close. The boy however made no effort to move them, even though I was in immense pain I lifted myself off of the boy, though I was caught off balance by the weight on my legs and the room spinning with my concussion. I landed in someone else's arms and, thankfully, when I looked up I was Cody. "Woah. Mei you okay?"

"Yeah... I just... need a minute. For the room to stop spinning." I said, moving my arm to hold my forehead. Cody laid me down on the floor and checked my forehead, he moved his hand away fast.

"Mei you're burning up. Are you sure you're okay? You did just fight two battles, back to back." He asked, worriedly.

"I'll be fine Cody!" I said, getting up. I almost tripped again but was able to catch myself. The room finally stopped spinning and I looked down and realized what that weight was. I was wearing a giant-ass dress. Not some skimpy dress you wear to a nightclub, a full-on, pink, ball gown with ruffles and pounds of fabric. "Why is the magic so cruel?"

"Mei you need to lay down, you have a fever!" Cody said, grabbing my arm, I looked at him and realized who much worry was in his eyes. "You have a concussion, your pupils are too dilated."

"...fine. I am feeling dizzy." I said, feeling my body involuntarily sway. "Who is Alfred and Pervy over there?"

"Newest allies I guess. Do you have a guest room? My friend is very injured." He asked the butler dude. He nodded and took us upstairs, I was leaning on Cody most of the way up there.

"Once your friend is stable, I assume an answer for all of this commotion!" The young boy said, oh great, a stuck-up little pervert. Wonderful. Just wonderful.

"I will explain, don't worry." Cody said, laying me down on a giant bed, usually it takes me forever to go to sleep but the bed was so soft, and I was injured. So, as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out like a light.

---

Zoé POV

I saw myself falling into a garden, as my descent continued I was whispering to myself, "Not the leg. Not the leg, Not the leg!"

As I was about to hit the ground a man in a butler outfit caught me. I was put down and had to lean on the man, "Sorry I have a shattered leg."

I met the two men, Sebastian and Ciel, who then asked me how I got there, "I'm not exactly from here." I said and continued to tell them about my situation. Though I was starting to get worried, Mei and Cody haven't appeared yet. Great we're separated again.

"My friends aren't here. Do you know any place they could have gone?" I asked the two men, well, one man and a child.

"Well maybe, but first let's head inside for some tea. It's also weird to see a young woman like yourself in pants" Sebastian said.

He then carried me to the parlor of the house. Then a few minutes later he came back with tea.

"You're friends could be with one group between two. They could be with the reapers or with the Trancy's" Ciel said utter loathing dripped from the word Trancy.

"Why does it sound like you hate the Trancy's?" I ask out of curiosity.

"The young lord hates the family because of a little dispute they had. I dislike the Trancy butler as he's trying to steal the young lord's soul," Sebastian said.

"How can he take a soul?"

"Why we're demons that feed on souls."

"Oh demonssss" I say before I pass out because demons scare me.

3rd POV

Sebastian and Ciel just stared at the now passed out female.

"Sebastian, take her to a guest room."