Chapter 12:Space Cats and Grape People

*Mei POV*

"What the quiznak?!?" I heard as I landed on someone in this new realm. I moved off of the person and started to stand up. I was wearing ripped jeans, a crop top, and red flannel with leather gloves. "Who are you?"

I looked over and saw Cody on top of a guy with anime hair. Cody was wearing a green and white t-shirt and jeans. "Cody you good?"

"Yeah. You K?"

"Fine... uh, hi. I'm Mei, my blonde compatriot is Cody, and the... oh she's not here." I said, noticing that Zoé wasn't here. I sighed, "We're separated again."

"How did you get here... are you a ghost?" A man with an orange mustache asked us as I helped Cody up.

"Um... no. It's kind of a long story." Cody said brushing dust off of his pants, "Can we give you the spark notes?"

"...Sure?" Anime hair said as a question.

"Basically we're from a different world and we're travelling around different realms to help out some people while we're also trying to train ourselves when we return home and are forced to fight in a battle against the personification of darkness and probably die." I said very nonchalantly as their jaws dropped. "There is another person with us though it looks like she's separated from us this time."

"Well... I'm Shiro, welcome to the middle of outer space." Anime hair, or Shiro said, shaking my hand.

"Oh, we've been in space before. Hopefully we're not fighting a war again, Zoé still has a shattered leg from the last time." Cody mumbled with a hand rubbing the back of his neck. Shiro made a face that said 'oh shit.'

A girl pushed her glasses up onto her nose and said with a small amount of sarcasm, "Well we fly space cats and we're fighting alien grape people."

---

I was sitting in the lounge of the Castle of Lions thinking about home. I was thinking about my sisters and grandmother, would they be happy I'm gone? Are they sad? Do they finally care about me for once now that I'm gone? Honestly... I didn't care.

"Whatcha thinking about?" I heard a voice say. I opened my eyes and saw Lance leaning in the doorway. I smirked.

"How do you know I wasn't sleeping?"

"Because you have the same brooding-thinking face as Keith." He said, walking over to sit on the other side of the couch. I tilted my head to the side.

"Keith?" I asked, not recognizing the name. Lance just looked downward.

"He's another paladin, though... he's off on some solo mission because he thinks that he's some 'lone wolf'." I could see a small blush come to Lance's cheeks.

"Oh... I see what's happening here." I reached into the Duat and pulled out a brown paper bag. It was a little send off gift from Queenie that I haven't gotten to open yet. He looked at me with wide eyes. "Don't worry."

I removed the brown paper around it to reveal a bottle of giggle water. I explained what it was to the Cuban boy, "It's from another world that's a lot like Earth, it's called giggle water, straight from the 1920's."

"1920's?" He was slightly intrigued. I nodded and also pulled two shot glasses from the Duat and filled them.

"Now... Let's talk."

*20 minutes later*

"And so we had this bonding moment and Kweefy keeps insisting that it happened but I still don't remember it!" Lance was pretty drunk and Mei was as well. "I mean, I was injured and had just woken up from basically a coma! He really expects me to remember something like that!"

"Wow..." I said taking another shot and giggling. We were almost half-way through the bottle. Lance just sat there and shook his head.

"I'm such a bisexual mess!"

"Listen, this coming from a pansexual disaster, if you are in love with Keith and he keeps insisting he cradled you in his arms then he obviously feels the same way. When you see him again, you go get yourself this man!"

We both laughed, and it wasn't from the giggle water. I moved my hand to grab Lance's, "Wow, you really do love him." Lance stared at me with a drunken shock, "I'm an empath I can feel anyone's... emotions."

"What?" He asked, hearing the hesitation in my voice. I sobered up slightly and stared at the blue paladin.

"When I touched Shiro, earlier, when we shook hands... I felt nothing. That's not possible."