CHapter 17: A Last Resort

At the Trancy Manor, Mei POV

I opened my eyes to see Cody talking with Alred and Pervy near the door of the guest room. I must have made a noise when I awoke because Pervy was staring right at me with a small smile, "You're awake."

I started to sit up and Cody moved to help me. "Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Better. Less aches but still sore." I said starting to get off of the bed. I straightened out the fabric as I stood and at eye level of Alfred.

"You're tall for a woman." He said bluntly. I just parted my mouth a little in confusion, then I realized that we were probably in the past again, meaning that women were very short. "We'll leave you and Mr. Adams to discuss your predicament. Tea shall be ready shortly in the garden if you so wish to attend."

The two of them left, Pervy giving me a creepy glance as the door closed. I turned to Cody and decided to ask the most relevant question, "Where the hell are we?"

"Apparently, 1888, England, Trancy Manor's guest room. If you wanna get precise." He said, trying to get his coat to lay flat, which he was failing to do.

"Great. Who's Pervy and Alred, then?" I asked, flopping onto the bed. I was tired of the past, last time we went back in time Zoé almost died.

"Alois Trancy, and his butler Claude." He responded, sounding disgusted with Alois.

"Last question. Why in the hell am I in a dress?"

"I don't know."

We sat there for a few minutes just contemplating our situation and purpose in this realm. I sighed and got up, "Let's go have some tea... or whatever."

---

"So, you're fighting the Phantomhive's because...?" I asked, truly confused.

"My master requires Ceil Phantomhive's soul. I also intend to get revenge against Lord Phantomhive's butler Sebastian Michealis," Claude continued for his master. I nodded.

"Oh, so you're demons?" Claude nodded, "Nice... oh wait, Zoé gonna hate this place." Cody stifled a laugh, and I smirked. "Well, if Zoé isn't here then she's probably with those Phantomhives you mentioned. Maybe we should go talk with them, see if she's there."

"And try to destroy their name once and for all?" Alois tried.

I tried not to laugh. "Sure...?"

---

"Mei, you have to. We're in the past if you go out in pants people are going to question us!" Cody argued with me.

"I am not letting Zoé see me in this! I can't let her hold it above my head!"

"You're best friends! She won't blackmail you with it!"

"You must not understand how friendship works then" I folded my arms across my chest. Cody sighed, defeated, and left for me to change. Though I didn't have anything to change into.

I looked around the room, opening all of the drawers, though the only thing I could find was a pair of shorts. I put them on and realized that they were very short.

I kept whispering to myself, "It's the last resort. She can't see you in that pink monstrosity."

Once I was ready in a weird, shorts-corset-blouse combination I headed out of the room and down to the front door of the manor, where everyone was waiting. "Hey."

"Right..." Trancy gave me a strange glance... still pervy. "Let's get to the carriage shall we?"