Chapter 12- Hate, pride and distain

Many days had passed and only four days were left for the envoys to arrive. The palace was filled with hustle and bustle of people. Cynthia had worked very hard for the banquet and it all paid off pretty well. One afternoon Cynthia and the emperor were having lunch together and a strange topic popped up.

"What? Duke Ruth's second son? Why do you want to meet him?" Asked the emperor.

"I have heard that he is very smart. He might be able to help me find the meaning behind my dream."

"Then why not ask the Duke instead?" Asked the emperor.

"Why would the chancellor of the Castina empire drop all his work just because the princess had a bad dream? And not to mention how busy he must be with the upcoming negotiations the envoys." I said

The emperor did not look very happy about my meeting with Allendis. But I already know that Allendis is a possessive weirdo(for Aristia). I can't let my guard down even for a moment around him. Not to mention that he will join the aristocrat faction at the age of 18. I need to take some precautions for that as well.

"Is something the matter father?" I asked.

".....no it's nothing, I shall talk to Duke Ruth about it. Just, be careful around his son." Said the emperor.

"Don't worry, I'll be careful," I said.

"That reminds me, don't let your hatred for Ruve ruin the banquet. I will make sure you tell him the same thing." Said the emperor.

"Sure," I said.

After lunch, I went to see how the preparations for the banquet were coming up. By now I had gotten used to this life. I am no longer my old self, I am Cynthia Shana de Castina now and I have accepted it completely.

The banquet hall was looking absolutely stunning. The Carnation flowers looked so pretty. I felt a sense of pride after looking at my hard work. I honestly was quite excited for the banquet. I kept roaming around the palace looking around to see if any changes should be made.

I came across the empress garden on the way that was untouched. The tree stood tall and proud at the center as always. Not many people were around that time making the place quieter.

The cool wind blew making my hair and dress flutter. It was a calming sensation.

"Your highness, You're here!" Said, two royal knights

I turned around to see who had called me. But unfortunately, it wasn't me who they were referring to. My deep blue eyes landed on a boy with dark blue hair and similar eyes as mine who was standing at a distance.

No way.....How is this possible? He wasn't supposed to be here so early! Ruveliss was busy talking to the knights and did not notice me.

I need to make a run for it! The last time we saw each other was a big fiasco. Just as I was about to run from there one of the palace maids called out to me.

"Your highness! Your presence is requested at the banquet hall." Said the maid.

That's when Ruveliss noticed my presence.

"Cynthia?!" Asked Ruveliss from afar.

MOTHER£$@%#₩!!!!!!!

I immediately turned away and started brisk walking in the opposite direction to where Ruveliss was standing. I must have looked like a complete idiot considering how I was walking. But etiquette could go screw itself because I needed to get out of there.

At first, it seemed as if he was following me but I think that I lost him now. I don't know why I was exactly running away, all I know is that I don't want to be anywhere near him. I thought we were coming back two days from now so why is he here so early. I lost control last time and took out all my anger at once. I don't want to die young again especially when I am a princess.