Chapter 2- Oracle from Vita

"Haren?"

"Yes?"

No way he's Ruveliss's aid isn't he?

"Yes, I am quite alright. Thank you for asking." I said with a forced smile while trying to ignore the taunt.

He was a bit surprised but tried to hide it with a smile. Haren was quite loyal to the prince no wonder he was quite cold to me.

"I must get going now, I am supposed to have tea with his majesty," I said.

" Yes, of course, I won't keep you waiting"
Said Haren.

I quickly rushed to the emperor's garden. An old man was sitting comfortably on a chair with a lot of doves around him. That's definitely the emperor.

"Greetings, the sole sun of the Castina Empire."

Ha...good thing I remember the official greetings that are said to the emperor and crown prince from the novel...... But why is he making that expression?

"Hahaha! My, my what a formal greeting from my daughter so early in the morning." Said the Emperor.

Wait....was this, not the right way. Did Cynthia greet him differently?

"Have a seat Cynthia, there is something important we must discuss."

I sat down in front of the emperor. The servants served us with tea and refreshments. The atmosphere was quite pleasant at the time.

"Cynthia you are the only princess of the Castina empire. Your health will affect your work so you must stay healthy so your work doesn't delay" said the emperor while sipping on his tea.

Is this guy for real?! His daughter was sick for a week and that's all he cares about? That's so cold! When I didn't say anything he broke the silence.

"Tell me what happened the day you went to the temple," Said the emperor.

"I don't remember. My memory is very hazy in fact I don't know why I was there in the first place." I said with a straight face.

"....You don't remember?" Asked the emperor.

"Not one bit."

"The day you went to the temple an oracle arrived. It said that you have been blessed with the Holy Sight." Said the emperor in a serious tone.

"What is that?"

It is a special type of ability that has been gifted to you by the goddess Vita. This will let you see fragments of the future."

What? Was there something like that in the novel? Why is the plot changing? Is it because of Cynthia's existence?

"You are one of the people who has received an individual oracle from the goddess. Lady Aristia La Monique had gotten an individual Oracle as well two years ago. This means that you will be given a chance to prove yourself worthy for the throne.....Cynthia, this means that you are acknowledged by God and this will increase your chances to claim the throne after I leave this world." Said the emperor.

"....."

"Both Ruve and you constantly compete with each other for various reasons, now you can choose to compete with your brother for the throne. I will choose my heir depending on who is worthy enough." Said the emperor.

This is too much. If the real Cynthia was here no doubt she would have competed against Ruveliss for the throne. But I arrived here just a week ago and have no idea about the politics or history of this empire.

"Father, lady Aristia is chosen to be Ruveliss's fianceè but she received an Oracle as well, so.........do you see her as the fianceè of your son or a possible threat?" I asked in a serious tone.

"Haha....it takes more than a name given by the goddess to be the Great Sun of the Castina empire. Otherwise, I would have already claimed you as my heir. Lady Aristia is too kind for her own good, leading the empire cannot be done by kindness alone." Said the emperor with a smirk.

"....I see."

Well...at least she is not a threat in his eyes.

"Think about it wisely Cynthia and tell me your answer by tomorrow."

*********

The moment I reached back to my palace I flopped down on my bed.

" I need to come up with a plan."

I last thing I need is to interfere with the original plot, make the main cast hate me, and die by Ruveliss's hands. I mean let's not forget what he did to Aristia. I won't compete with him for the throne that's for sure. What I need is to not interfere with the original plot, make Ruveliss not hate me, and live peacefully.

But first I need to learn more about this place and the Oracle that was sent to the real Cynthia.

"Your Highness your classes shall be resuming from tomorrow." Said Julie with a worried look on her face.

Oh right...I forgot how the emperor works his children to death.

".....what is my schedule for tomorrow?" I asked.

"You have History and politics in the morning, later you will have Accounting lessons in the afternoon, then it is your fencing and swordsmanship, then you have dance lessons and lastly etiquette."

Does Cynthia do this every day? This is crazy. Then again she wanted to be acknowledged by her father. But these classes are not something that should stand out while competing with Ruveliss. Etiquette and dance are the most common classes among nobles. Maybe that's why she took swordsmanship.

"So does that mean I have today for myself?" I asked.

"Yes, your highness. I told your tutors that you can resume from tomorrow," said Julie with a smile.

" Julie told the coachman to prepare a carriage. I will be visiting the temple today." I said.

" Oh...are you sure your highness? last time you fainted."

"It's alright, I'll be fine," I said.

I soon left for the temple. Honestly, I was kind of eager but nervous to meet Aristia, after all, she is the female lead. Aristia must be around twelve years old from what the emperor mentioned. That means a year from now the crown prince shall have his coming of age ceremony.

When I reached the temple I asked one of the priests for the latest oracle that was sent for me.

All the priests kept glancing towards my direction. Maybe it's because of the Oracle. Thankfully the temple and the royal family are the only ones that know about this.

I waited for the priest to return with my Oracle at a fountain that was in the middle of the temple.

Good thing I did not run into Ruveliss yet, It could've been really bad. But the good part is that I don't need to act that nicely towards him because he and Cynthia never had a good relationship.

I glanced at the water inside the fountain. The temple looked so calm and peaceful.

"Your highness?"

I looked over my shoulder to see who it was. A man with long white hair and colorful eyes?

I immediately recognized him.

"Greetings Princess Cynthia, I am Tertis the third root of Vita."

"Greeting Your Holiness, I am Cynthia Shana de Castina," I said with a bow.

________________

A/N Vote for this story of you think Vita deserves a punch in the face.