Chapter 4- I hope we meet again

"Cough, cough...." the emperor was surprised by what I had just said.

"What did he say?"

Hmm? Oh! He must be afraid that his holiness must've told me about the Celeste thing.

"Oh, nothing much. He just told me that I am loved by Vita to receive this ability. Nothing much." I said casually.

"Is that so..."

I glanced at Ruvelisss who was sitting across me. I couldn't tell what he was thinking but it looked like he was in deep thought. The rest of the dinner was quiet and awkward but I still managed to make it out in a sane state of mind. I was quite tired after that so I went straight to bed. I should meet his holiness soon.

******
(At prince Ruveliss's palace)

"You should get some rest now your highness it's late. I shall be taking my leave now." Said Haren.

"Yes, I will retire for the day now." Said Ruveliss.

"Your highness, did something happen during dinner with the emperor? It looks like something is bothering you."

"....actually a lot happened. It was quite surprising honestly. Cynthia decided to withdraw from the competition."

"What? How come?"

"I have no idea. But she isn't someone who would back off so easily." Said Ruveliss while fidgeting with his pen.

"....let me take care of it for you your highness?"

"......you know what to don't you? I am not the slightest bit convinced that she has let go of the one thing she wanted most." Said Ruveliss.

"I shall see to it, your highness. "

Haren soon left and Ruveliss was alone in his private office. He looked outside his window from where the Empress's garden was visible.

"What are you plotting this time Cynthia......"

*********
(A few weeks later)

The next morning after dinner with the emperor I started visiting the royal library every day to learn about the Celeste but I still couldn't find anything. There were way too many books in the library and I didn't have time to search through them all. Maya my maid, told me about an old sage in the commoner's quarters that usually contains books on simple magic.

Who knows maybe I can find something...

Cynthia's memories had been restored and I could remember everything that happened in her life up until the time I arrived. She was good friends with lady Iana la sola, a daughter of a marquise.

I decided that I would sneak out and go to the commoner's quarters with the excuse of meeting her.

Knock knock!

"Princess! May I come in?"

"Yes, come in Julie."

"Your highness are you sure you want to go to the commoner's quarters? It might be dangerous." Said Julie with a worried face.

"It's alright, I won't be carrying that much money with me anyway. Just enough money to buy a book."

Even my maids were from Noble houses so they had never been to the commoner's quarters.

I soon sat in my carriage and started to leave towards the Sola mansion. I still never stopped my classes even though I was not competing for the throne. So my father never got suspicious if I didn't go to the main palace every day.