Chapter 34- Good Intentions

It had been a week since Ruveliss was away inspecting the northern borders and I was assigned with his work as his substitute so that he wouldn't need to be burdened when he comes back.

BURDENED MY A$$!!

"Why should I do all his work?! It's not like he deserves my kindness!" I shouted.

"Your highness, please don't speak so loudly we are in the main palace right now." Whispered Ashley.

For the past week my lady in waiting, Ashley has been assisting me with my work in the main palace. I have been working in Ruveliss's office since then doing his work of course.

"You know what Ashley, I think that blueberry knew that I would need to come to his office every day and do his work while he was gone," I said.

"Hmm...? Why is that?"

"Because every single drawer in his office is locked I can't even find any confidential files or anything!" I said.

"Your highness did you lookinto the crown prince's stuff?" Asked Ashley Awkwardly.

"Did you expect me to come to his office and not snoop around? He must've already known that I would do this so he hid his stuff already. Usually, his table would be stacked up with papers." I said.

"Ha...ha...ha....right..." Said Ashley awkwardly.

I have to admit, he does have a lot of work to do. I probably do 30 percent of what he does. Being a ruler sure is hard. It's been three hours since I started doing this work although I have finished only half of what I needed to do today. I never thought I would ever say this, never in my entire life, but I am waiting for him to return.

Ugh! That gave me chills.

Knock knock

"Your highness, may I come in?" Asked a palace maid from outside.

"Yes, you may," I said.

"His Majesty has called for you. The offerings from Ambrosia have arrived." She said.

"Finally!" I said as I sprang up from my seat. I can leave now.

The maid seemed shocked by my behavior.

"I mean....yes, of course. I shall be down in a moment." I said.

The maid bowed and finally left.

"I can leave now! I'll be back in an hour Ashley." I said.

I quickly stopped everything I was doing and headed towards the throne room immediately. When I arrived I saw marquis Keiran and Duke Ruth already present there. 

"Good morning, father," I said with a bow.

"Ah, Cynthia come and take a good look at the offerings they sent next time you will be in charge of sending the gifts to Ambrosia." Said the emperor.

Marquis Keiran and Duke Ruth greeted me soon after. If he has returned already this must mean that Aristia is busy training with Carsein right now. Anyway, it's better that way. I hope he listened to my advice.

I took note of all the gifts that were sent from Ambrosia. There were also a fairly large number of jewels. Ambrosia is famous for its riches. It is a powerful kingdom that is on par with the kingdom of Lisa right now. I was stunned to see so many gifts from Ambrosia.

The emperor kept a blank expression the entire time the messengers and delegates presented the gifts. Damn look at all that power flex the emperor has. 

It was actually kind of fun watching the delegates present unique gifts. When that was over I went to the emperor's office to make a list of all the gifts they sent while the emperor, marquis Keiran, and Duke Ruth were busy discussing something important with the delegates. Honestly, I was a little curious to hear what they were speaking.