Chapter 5- Celeste

"Haa...."

"Is everything alright your highness? You look depressed." Asked Maya.

"It's nothing." I said while playing with strands of my hair.

The events of that day were fresh in my mind. Even the wound around my wrist had gotten worse. It was swollen and red. But I still had to look for the sage.

But before that, I had more important things to do.

"Julie, bring me an appropriate dress. I will be visiting the main palace today."

After my bath, the maids dressed me in lavender and blue colored off-shoulder dress. Julie braided my hair in a crown braid. I wore gloves over my hands so that the bandages would be covered.

"Your highness.....why can't you tell me what happened yesterday?" Asked Julie in a concerned voice.

"I don't want to talk about it. Just don't tell anyone that Iwent to the commoner's quarters that day."

I sat down in front of my dressing mirror looking at the image in front of me. I had begun treating Cynthia's life as my own.

No. This is my new life. Everyone in Cynthia's life has now become a part of mine.

I am Cynthia Shana de Castina, princess of the Castina empire.

*********

I finally reached the main palace. I needed to visit Ruveliss's office first but I didn't remember it quite well.

"Sir Ryan escort me to the prince's office," I said to my personal knight.

"Yes, your highness." Said Ryan while extending his hand towards me.

On the way to Ruveliss's office, I began to admire the palace architecture. It was honestly beautiful.

How lucky to be born a noble or royalty huh?

I soon reached his office.

Knock knock!

"Come in," said a voice from inside.

Haren came to answer the door.

"Your highness?" Asked Haren a bit surprised.

"Am I not allowed to enter?" I asked folding my arms at the sight that he still did not let me in.

"No, not at all. Please come in?"

I entered without any hesitation. Ruveliss was surprised himself that I had come to his office. Cynthia must've never visited his office before.

"What are you doing here?" Asked Ruveliss.

"Good morning to you too, brother," I said while putting on a forced smile on my face.

"There is someone I need information on. I presume that you have access to the directory of nobles?" I asked.

" Who do you need information on?"

"......Baron Charles Midford."

"Why do you need information about him?" Asked Ruveliss.

Geez, so many questions.

"It's a long story. I rather explain it later."

Ruveliss looked at me for a while and then told Haren to go get the book. Wow, I didn't expect him to do it so fast.

I took a seat on the couch and looked around his office. It was spacious but it was mostly occupied by books.

I looked in Ruveliss's direction. He was busy going through some papers.