Chpter 39- Everything shall fall into place as it should~

I was on my way from Ruveliss's office back to my own office with Ceasar in my arms. As I was passing by I saw a familiar redhead crouched down to the floor.

Oh, Its carsein! I wonder what he is doing here.

I walked up to Carsein from behind. To my surprise, he was talking with a little girl with purple hair and eyes.
Isn't that.....

"Oh! Princess Cynthia!!" Exclaimed the little girl cheerfully.

"Hello, Yelena. It's been long, how have you been?" I asked.

"I'm doing great! Is that your puppy?!" She asked.

"Ah, yes. His name is Ceasar." I replied as I put him on the ground and he began playing with Yelena.

"Good evening princess." Said Carsein while standing up.

"How have you been Carsein?" I asked.

"Haha! I am always great! I was just helping this kid out. Apparently, she is lost once again." He said.

"I am not lost nor am a kid!" Pouted Yelena.

"Sure thing kid." Said Carsein.

I pinched his arm, signaling him to shut up.

"Owowow- "

"What were you guys doing?" I asked.

"It's a secret if you want to hear it you have to"

"This mister was bragging that he was going to be knighted next month." Said Yelena while cutting through Carsein's words.

"Hey! Who mister?" Asked Carsein.

"You were bragging to a child?" I asked

"I wasn't bragging. This kid had come up to me to thank me for that day when we helped her and so I was just telling her about how I will be knighted in almost a month." He said.

"Oh, that's right. The knighting ceremony is close, isn't it? Time flies so fast I can't believe you will already be a knight." I said.

"Huh? You speak as if you were already aware that I would be knighted." He said.

"Oh, um...I overheard the Duke and his majesty talk about it that's all. I would have loved to see you be knighted." I said.

"Why? Are you are not going to be there?" Asked Carsein.

"No, unfortunately, I will be gone to Ambrosia as an envoy during that time. I wish I could've postponed my trip so I could see the knighting ceremony." I said.

"Ah, that's a shame. It would have been nice if you were there and see how cool I will look. Not that I need to be a knight to look cool." He said.

"But look at the bright side. By the time I return you will be the youngest knight in history." I said.

"Haha! I guess that's good then." He said as he glanced towards Ceasar and Yelena playing.

"When did you get a dog, your highness?" Asked Carsein.

"Oh, I received it as a gift actually," I said.

"A gift? From whom?"

"Er...um...well...that's not important. I have been wanting to ask you about your visit to Monique Estate?" I replied while dodging the question.

"............."

"Carsein?"

".....it was great. I trained the kid really well." He said with a forced smile.