Chapter 42- Sit Still, Look Pretty

The tension between the two brothers was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

"Forgive me princess for I had to leave in an emergency. If I had known you would be stuck in this situation I would've never let you walk back to the banquet alone." Said Prince Anteros with a bow.

"Ah, it's not what you think. The Prince just happened to"

"You need not worry about that. The princess and I are friends actually. We were just catching up. If I had known we would bump into you I would have taken her inside." Said Eros while cutting between my words.

"Well, since both of you are done 'catching up' I shall escort her back." Said Anteros.

"We aren't done speaking so I shall escort her back." Said, Eros.

What is this situation?! You could literally see lightning flash between them. Now I know how my father feels. Thats when I saw a familiar figure running towards our direction.

"Your highness! What are you doing here you should hurry back to the banquet. I shall escort you." Said sir Seymour while trying to catch his breath.

"Yes! Your right." I said as I put my hand in his to be escorted back.

I turned around to look at both the princes that looked at me with a dumbfounded expression.

"It was a pleasure meeting both of you. I shall take my leave now." I said and walked back to the banquet with Sir Seymour.

"Get something in your head. Someone of your kind will never have a chance with her." Said Anteros to Eros.

Eros quickly grabbed Anteros by the collar and slammed him against a tree. Anteros was caught by surprise. Eros had a dead look in his eyes as if he could kill anyone at this point.

"If you lay another finger on her I will rip you from limb to limb." Said, Eros.

"Ha! I'd like to see you try." Said Anteros as he yanked Eros's hand off.

"Know your place! Do you think she will want to even look at you when she finds out the truth? If you touch me again I'll make sure you wont be able to ever use them again" Scoffed Anteros and walked away.

Eros looked down at his hands that had been tainted by blood a lot of times.

"Would she act differently if she knew the truth?" Eros mumbled to himself.

__________________

(Meanwhile back at Cynthia's room.)

Once I reached back I changed into comfortable nightclothes and flopped down on my bed. I was so exhausted by the travel and banquet that I could not move an inch.

"You must be extremely exhausted today. Please get some sleep now. Tomorrow is the meeting so you will need to be in good shape. I will prepare your documents for tomorrow and have them ready in time." Said Estella.

"Alright, good night Estella," I said.

"Good night Your highness. Call me if you need anything." Said Estella and walked out of my chambers.

I stared at the ceiling with a blank expression. I wonder what is going on in Castina right now.....the knighting ceremony must be close. Carsein must be excited about it. I remember reading that Aristia could not watch him being knighted because the Duke made her work on that day and it was because of the emperor's orders.....

Maybe I should write a letter to Carsein and congratulate him when he gets knighted. I should also write a letter to Julie and tell her that I am fine.........and of course to father as well after the meeting is over. I will be in Ambrosia for a long time. Ha...I wish I could meet the Archmage. It wouldn't be fair if I met him though because I haven't completed my part of the deal yet.