Chapter 47- A pink feather

Cynthia arrived back at her residence an hour after sunset. She made the coachman drop her off two blocks away. Since it was still raining the knights weren't standing outside. Cynthia managed to sneak back into the palace and walk in from the back door. She told the knights that she wasn't feeling well and she had been taking a walk around the back entrance. The knights didn't believe her story but before they could even question her further Cynthia walked straight up to her room saying that she was feeling sick because of the cold weather.

The moment she entered her room Estella stood in front of her with a sharp and blazing glare. It almost looked as if she was on fire. Estella wasn't someone whom Cynthia couldn't persuade. The bigger problem was what would happen if she told Julie? At this point, Cynthia considered cartwheeling out of the window would be a better idea.

"Your highness, where were you?!?! I was worried sick!" Said Estella.

"I am sorry Estella. The mansion was very confusing and since no one was there to escort me out I ended up at the back entrance of the mansion near the garden. When it started to rain I took shelter underneath a tree. The prince of Ambrosia showed up and he offered to lend me a new pair of clothes back at his palace. I planned to come right after that but......." I said.

".......did something happen?"

"No! Of course not why would something happen?!" I said in a flustered manner.

"Ha...Please don't do anything like this again your highness. I thought I would go crazy while waiting for you." She said.

"I know, I thought so too...."

".....?!"

"Anyway, I shouldn't have worried you like this. " I said.

"As long as you are fine everything should be all right."

"Speaking of which..... surprisingly, you didn't stab anyone when I was gone," I said in a joking manner.

"Haha.....sure." Said Estella while averting her eyes.

Miss girl..... at this point I don't even want to know. I don't have enough brain cells left alive to deal with murder after what just happened between Eros and I. Ugh! I can't get it out of my head! I can't even begin to count the number of red flags I got the moment I saw the pink bracelet! Honestly, what was I thinking?!

I grabbed the part of my hair that Eros had touched. I ran my fingers through it. My heart began racing thinking about it.

"I know lavender suits me. He didn't need to say it." I mumbled underneath my breath.

From Estella's point of view, it looked as if Cynthia was talking to her hair but considering how hectic things have been for the both of them she decided to ignore what she just saw.

"Ah, I forgot to tell you this but when you were gone a letter came from the head of the delegation saying that instead of leaving in a week we will be departing in two days. Since we have completed our tasks earlier his majesty is calling us back." Said Estella.

"It's almost as if his majesty sensed this situation through telepathy or something?! We better begin packing," I said.

"Didn't your highness want to explore Ambrosia more before you go back to the Empire?" Asked Estella.

"No, it's fine. I've seen more than enough already. Staying here will only make me overthink." I said.

"All right then......I'll inform the knights." Said Estella.

"Prepare clothes for me as well and make sure to wash the clothes I am wearing right now and send them back to the prince's palace," I said.

Cynthia changed into more comfortable clothes and left the horse riding clothes on the bed. She walked up to her table where all the documents were kept and began arranging them properly. While arranging the documents one of the papers fell to the back of her table. Cynthia bent down to pick up the paper when she saw something unusually familiar underneath her desk. She reached out to the object to take a better look at it.