Chapter 45- The Archmage

"Make sure to make the list of names that were involved in similar activities like the viscount and send it to my office. I need to review it before I send it to his majesty." Said, Eros.

His eyes fell on the viscount that was chained to the ground. They were finally able to get the information that was ordered by the king. But unfortunately, they weren't able to find any evidence of the mastermind who was plotting all of this dispute knowing it was the queen.

".......get rid of the body as well. Discreetly." Said, Eros.

"Yes, your highness." Said a knight with a bow.

Eros plopped down on a chair and leaned back comfortably. The dungeon was a closed and isolated place that had only a few small windows that were shielded by iron grills. The smell of rust and blood was revolting. Eros looked down at his hands that were covered in blood. He furrowed his eyebrows and Scoffed at the sight of it. He turned his head towards the window and looked at the sky. It was covered with clouds. The cold wind could be felt even from down there.

"It looks like it will rain today."

Eros turned in the opposite direction and saw his aide Damon standing there. Eros simply sighed and headed towards the sink to wash the blood off his hands. The water that fell on his hands turned red because of the blood and went down the drain.

"......It has been quite a long time since you left the palace. You have been going back and forth from here and your office. Since your highness has completed your task you should take time out from your work and- "

"No matter how much I wash my hands the blood won't disappear." Muttered Eros.

"......."

"The blood will wash off from my hands but it doesn't change the fact that I have killed many people."

"They weren't exactly 'innocent' either. You did what you had to." Said Damon.

"Ha! Yeah right! I've finally become the son that my father wanted. A complete monster.......it's disgusting. Every time I look at myself in the mirror I feel disgusted to my core and if that was not already enough he plans to send me to war?!" Said Eros.

Does she feel the same when she looks at me..? Ha....she doesn't even know what I do. She'd probably look at me with disgust when she finds out. It's strange how I have never bothered what others thought of me but when it comes to her.....my mind goes blank and her opinion matters the most.

"That is only a prediction by the princess of Castina. We don't know if it's true or not." Said Damon.

"I don't care anymore. I just want to get out of this place and run myself a warm bath. My clothes reek of blood. Contact Orphelia and tell her to meet me as soon as possible." Said, Eros.

"......yes, of course."

Eros left the underground dungeon immediately and headed back towards his palace in his carriage. The thought immediately crossed his mind that today is the day that Cynthia would meet the Archmage. His palace was right behind the temple and the backside of the temple was visible. It began raining like crazy when Eros was midway to his palace. He was annoyed at Damon's constant talking and just decided to ignore him.

When his carriage passed by the temple he noticed something or rather someone who was completely drenched from head to toe by the rain and had taken cover underneath a tree. It was none other than Cynthia. His eyes widened immediately when he saw her.

"Hm....? Isn't that the princess?" Said Damon in a low voice.

"STOP THE CARRIAGE!" Shouted Eros.