Chapter 25- Head over Heels

I don't know if it was gutsy or stupid of me to propose that offer to the prince of Ambrosia. He caught me off guard when he called me by my name. But I definitely don't have any intention of marrying him. Even if I get engaged to the prince It will break off if the archmage accepts me as a disciple. Since I have the holy sight and the ability of Celeste the archmage will have to accept me. After that, I will cut ties with the Castina royal family and live as a disciple of the great archmage.

The best part is archmages do not reside in one placeq instead they travel from one empire to another. Something like high priests. But they don't worship any god, unlike the high priests. Good thing that so-called god Vita won't be up my a**.

I looked out of my window and saw the hot weather outside. This is supposed to be mid-monsoon yet it hadn't rained once. Two days had passed since the meeting with Eros and ever since that day I have been receiving large amounts of gifts from him. Which was unusual because this was just a setup between us.

Anyway, I had a lot of work to complete but I was too lazy to do it. Maybe I should get an aide for myself, like how Haren works for Ruveliss.

Speaking of Ruveliss.....I haven't decided on what to do yet. I thought that if I look at the pro and cons it might help. But I was wrong. Because apparently, the Cons of not saving him are more.

If Ruveliss dies then I will be the crown princess. The emperor dies around a month before Aristia's coming of age ceremony that means when she is 15 going on 16. That would also mean I will have to claim the throne at 18!

The real Cynthia wouldn't have had that much trouble compared to me because she grew up in an environment filled with politics and betrayal where the life of royalty is always at risk. But I, a normal 16 year old from the 21st century am completely new to all this. Ruveliss was already 21 by the time he succeeded the throne in the manhwa. I don't want to be emperor, I want to live a much quiet life.

Oh, and I have a very overbearing conscience.

Even if it hurts me I have to prevent Ruveliss from dying.

Knock knock.

"Your highness, may I enter?"

"Yes, you may," I said.

Julie walked in with a silver tray in which my coffee was brewed.

"I would like to remind you that your highness is supposed to visit the place today." Said Julie.

"Ah, right. I have to see to the preparations of the farewell banquet for the prince of Ambrosia that will be held in a week. Thank you for reminding me. " I said.

I faced some serious embarrassment last time I was at the palace. So it would be wise to avoid Ruveliss.
I immediately got dressed and left for the main palace.

**********
When I reached the palace I walked straight to the banquet hall to see if the preparations were going well. The weather was so hot I felt as if I was being baked.

As I was headed to the banquet hall I heard the sound of a little kid crying. I stopped and looked around to see from where was that sound coming from. To my surprise, it was coming from the royal garden. I entered the garden and saw a little girl crouched down behind the bushes. The moment I approached her, she looked up at me. She had fluffy cotton candy-like purple hair and eyes. Her nose and cheeks were red from all the crying.

"Hello there, are you lost?" I asked while bending down.

"Umm...yes?" Said the little girl with tears in her eyes.

Cynthia wiped the girl's tears with her thumb and helped her get up. She made the little girl sitting on a nearby bench.

"What's your name?" I asked while standing in front of her.