Chapter 30- Just a petty vision?(2)

At this point I pitied Eros. Even though the atmosphere was happy and entertaining the emperor's glare made it awkward for the people around him.

"Princess, what is it that you wanted to say? Make it quick so we can get out of here before his majesty bores holes into my head." He said.

"Actually, there are a lot of eyes and ears on us right now, it would be better to discuss this somewhere else. Let the dance finish so we can talk in peace." I said.

Once the dance was over people were scattered around the dance floor. That's when Eros grabbed my wrist and dragged me away from the banquet hall.

"W-wait! Slow down!" I said.

He dragged me to an open balcony behind a thick curtain before the next dance began.

"Ha...this should be better." Asked Eros.

"You think anyone saw us?" I asked.

"I highly doubt that. What's ironic is that I was able to escape with you for the second time."

"Yeah, but in different circumstances..." I said.

"Now, what is it you wanted to tell me?"

"An engagement between us is impossible. Last time I met my father he told me that he was going to choose a fiance for me because of the recent scandal and made it clear that it isn't going to be you." I said.

"Well, I kind of expected that in some way.....after all, the emperor doesn't like me very much." He said.

"It couldn't be more obvious honestly. What in the world did you do to make him dislike you that way?" I asked.

"......I am not sure but, I think I have an overall idea about it. But it's more than just the emperor disliking me. Although, its not my place to say." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"As far as I think, the emperor will not let you marry anyone outside the Castina empire." Said, Eros.

".....what?"

Eros simply looked at me with a blank face. Ah, how could I not notice.....the emperor wants to tie me down to the Castina empire and doesn't want me to leave all because I have the holy sight. Who knows what he would've done if he knew about my Celeste ability? How could I be this blind?!

"What do we do now?" I asked.

"The day you proposed this deal to me you said that in return for an engagement with me you want to meet the archmage right? The fact that you want to meet the archmage proves that you had no intention for a marriage." Said, Eros.

"I had only promised an engagement. I said nothing about marriage."

"Fair enough. Then shall we change the conditions of the contract a bit? Instead of an engagement I just want enough support from the Castina empire to make my position of a crown prince stable. Despite my younger brother being the son of the empress. " said Eros.

Now that I think about it this is more beneficial on my behalf since I don't need to be engaged. Although, it is going to be hard to get the emperor to support Eros in his claim to the throne. He already dislikes Eros. But I guess its worth a shot.

"Deal....hopefully it will go well this time," I said.

"Well, it's going to be better than before atleast." He replied.

The cool evening air blew past us making goosebumps crawl up my skin. I looked up at the full moon that lit up the night sky. I walked to the edge of the balcony and place one hand on the balustrade.