Chapter 8- Sorry, I was born your sister.

"What do you want now Ruveliss?"

I was already worn out because of today's events. He was just giving me more burden. Why does he hate Cynthia so much? What exactly happened between them?

"Do you perhaps own a slave or something? Or did you come across a noble that owns a slave?"Asked Ruveliss.

Sh*t ! At this rate, I will be exposed.

"It's not like that. A week ago, while I was studying politics my professor mentioned that the Yusa Empire keeps war slaves and that the Castina empire has a law that prevents that. So I wanted to know more about it. I thought this might be slightly controversial to speak about in front of your knights so I sent them out. I said calmly

"Honestly, I find It interesting that you were looking for Baron Midford's Directory two days after he committed 'suicide'. I did a background check on him and found out that he owned a few slaves. It obviously cannot be a coincidence. You have obviously met him before." He said with a smirk on his face.

I was trying so hard to come up with an excuse. I practically broke into a cold sweat but I can't let him see my nervousness.

"Not exactly, but I saw him from my carriage when I went to the Sola mansion. He was dragging a child by her collar. She looked too ragged and malnutrition to be a commoner. So I just wanted to confirm if that was a slave." I said.

Judging by his expression it looks like he did not buy the story.

"Tch, why should I believe that? I am not the slightest bit convinced. " Said Ruveliss while clicking his tongue.

This little!!! Why am I still trying to convince him?! He's the one who has been doubtful of me since the moment I met him. I don't care anymore.

"That is not my problem! You have been doubtful of me since I told our father that I didn't want the position of the heir. You can believe what you want to believe. I couldn't care less about what you think!" I shouted.

Ruveliss gritted his teeth and glared at me with ice-cold eyes. He stood up from his seat and started walking towards me.

"I know that you are just trying to play it low so that I will let my guard down. You should know your place. Don't too comfortable. " Said Ruveliss as he approached closer.

I gritted my teeth and clenched my fist. I was fuming with anger.

"Amy! Call Sir Ryan right now." I shouted.

"Y-yes your highness." Said Amy as she ran off to bring me, my knight.

"Haha! Do you think I will attack you or something? Why do you need your knight.?" Asked Ruveliss.

I sprang up from my seat and walked towards him with confidence.

"I don't care what you think. I would NEVER backstab this empire because unlike some people my ego isn't bigger than the welfare of this empire. Even if I put myself before my pride and try to mend things with you it will never be enough! " I said with a fierce voice.

Ruveliss was just standing there with shock. Sir Ryan came running into the drawing-room.

"So screw you! You can believe what you want! I promise you one thing Ruveliss Shana de Castina, once you ascend the throne and become emperor you will NEVER have to see my face ever again, so do our old father a favor and bear with me for now. Also, you can take your little spy and leave my palace right this instant!" I said turning my gaze towards Sir Ryan.

"I AM DEEPLY SORRY FOR BEING BORN YOUR SISTER! NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!" I said.

Ruveliss stood there for a while with the most complex expression. He must've never seen Cynthia lose control like this before. He stared into my piercing blue eyes without a word, then quietly left without saying a word.