Chapter 43- War hero

Eros.....has a Fiancée?

"Anyway, I must take my leave now. I suggest that you take a rest as well. We will have another meeting the day for tomorrow." Said Anteros as he kissed the back of my hand.

"Ah, yes, of course, you rest as well," I said with a smile.

"I suggest you stay cautious around my brother. It would be a problem for the princess if she got involved with him." Said Anteros in a whisper and then he finally left.

"Your highness!" Called a familiar voice from behind me.

Lady Orphelia Tiaze stood there with a warm smile on her face. Eros walked towards me as well once the second prince was gone.

"I greet the star of the Castina Empire, princess Cynthia de Castina. It's really fortunate to meet you again. Ah, we couldn't speak yesterday because of the second prince." She said with a bow.

"What did that squid-faced bastard say to you?" Asked Eros with a menacing aura.

"....nothing important. He just told me to rest," I said.

"Your highness, have you received a tour of the palace yet?" Asked lady Orphelia.

"No, not yet. I have been wrapped up in a lot of work so I didn't have the time. It's alright though because I- "

"What do you mean it's alright?! Please let me know when you get some time off from work. It will be an honor to give you a tour!" She said with sparkles in her eyes.

It's easy to figure out what kind of person Lady Orphelia is from her way of speaking. It's obvious that her words are genuine and she is trying to get close to me. She's......the aggressively friendly type of person.

Yup, Carsein's long-lost twin.

"Alright, when I get time off work I'll let you know. But for now, I have to get going. I still have a lot to do. It was good seeing you here as well, I hope we meet again. I shall take my leave now," I said as I started walking away.

"W-wait, there's something I need to speak to you about." Said Eros as he blocked my path by slamming his hand against the wall and slowly leaning in.

"Prince Ambrosia, I am really busy right now, maybe some other time will be suitable," I said while moving backward.

"It will only require 10 minutes. It's......about our deal." He said.

My eyes widened when Eros said that. That's right, the Archmage is.....

"But, I wouldn't want to disturb you right now," I said while looking at Orphelia.

"No! Of course not, Orphelia was just leaving." He said.

"I was....? Oh, right. I was! My work here is done so I should leave now. I hope to see you later princess. Goodbye! " Said Orphelia as she walked away after patting Eros on the shoulder.

"Ha...Sir Seymour and Estella please leave us for a moment. The prince and I must talk." I said.

They both bowed and left Eros and me alone. But I doubt that they went that far so it's best to keep our voices down.

"Alright, what did you want to tell me?" I asked.

"We should probably go somewhere more secretive and speak about this." He said.

"My knight is literally standing there don't do anything reckless like this. You know what will happen if the emperor heard of this, don't you?"

"Ah, how could I forget. Hahaha, I am sure he will do much more than just bare holes at the back of my head....." He said.