Chapter 46- Lavender scent suits you

The rain still hadn't stopped by the time they reached Eros's palace so Cynthia insisted that she would take a carriage back to her palace instead of waiting for the rain to stop. But considering how she was completely drenched under the rain Eros did not agree to send her off like that. Instead, he took her inside and instructed the maids to prepare a bath for her.

"Listen this is a terrible idea. You should just send me back in a carriage instead of ordering the maids to prepare a bath for me." I said in a whisper.

Eros looked at Cynthia who stood in front of him with a concerned look on her face.

"Don't worry, the servants won't say a word about this to anyone because they all value their life. You'll catch a cold if you continue walking around in wet clothes like that."

"My knights will be more suspicious if they find out if- "

HOLY F*CK I LEFT WITHOUT TELLING ESTELLA!!

What if she goes crazy and stabs someone?!?!?!

"Princess......you're shaking because of the cold. The maids will prepare a bath for you. After that Damon will prepare a carriage so you can leave." Said Eros while averting his eyes.

I don't know anymore if I am shaking because of the cold or because I am worried about Estella. Maybe I'm overthinking about this. Estella will be fine.

"Please follow me, your highness." Said one of the maids.

I followed the maid to a room in the palace. A warm bath with fragrant lavender oil was prepared. I immediately took off my clothes and got in the warm bath. I had never thought a warm bath could ever feel so amazing. Alright, no! I need to take a quick bath and get out of here immediately.

One hour later~

I stepped out of the bathroom with my hair still wet. I walked into the room and saw an equestrian outfit kept on the bed. Knowing that the maids must have prepared them for me I quickly put them on and stepped out of the room. It was hard to wear the boots because of my bruise but I still got them on somehow.

Knock knock

"......come in," I responded.

A maid walked in and bowed to me.

"The prince has requested to meet you before you leave. He is waiting for you downstairs and a carriage has been prepared for your highness as well. I shall wash your dress well a day have it delivered to your palace tomorrow without fail." She said.

"Thank you but there is no need to wash the dress and send it tomorrow. Just pack it up and keep it in the carriage. I shall go meet the prince before leaving." I said.

I walked down the hallway and towards the stairs. I saw Eros standing at the end of the staircase talking to Damon.

When Eros and Damon saw Cynthia walk down the stairs, Damon immediately bowed to Eros and walked away in a fast pace without making any eye contact with Cynthia which made her a bit confused seeing him run away like that.

"Are the clothes alright?" Asked Eros.

"They are a bit tight but it's fine. Honestly, I could not thank you more for what you have done for me. I will be sure to repay you one day." I said

"It was weird how you ended up in that situation in the first place. I mean....obviously, something went wrong. It's written all over your face." He said.

"......it didn't work out. He ended up rejecting my request," I said in a low voice.

"........"