Publicity Stunt

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOURPublicity Stunt

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
Publicity Stunt

KIM TAEHYUNG

"You said you wanted to talk about something. Go on, Taehyung."

I snapped out of my thoughts and faced the middle-aged man sitting on the other side of the desk. My eyes began to wander everywhere else except his face.

"I have things to do, Taehyung." Mr Bang sighed, rubbing his eyes under his glasses, "Let's get this over with."

"Um... Mr Bang..." I cleared my throat, as if that could help me get my courage, "I-I... I..."

"Say it."

"I... uh, I..."

"SAY IT!"

"IAMINLOVEWITHCHOIJISOOANDIDONTTHINKILLBEABLETOBESEPARATEDFROMHER!" I said in one breath, hoping that my words were clear enough to understand.

"You... you what?" Mr Bang blinked, dumbfounded.

"I... I love Jisoo. And... I want things to move forward between us."

My heart raced when no words were exchanged for a few moments. Mr Bang's expression was hard to decipher and it didn't help the situation of my heart.

Just when I was about to sink in defeat, a light-hearted chuckled erupted. My head snapped up at the man before me, his shoulders jerking as he laughed.

"Wha-"

"Oh, Taehyung." He shook his head, "That's the happiest news I've heard in so long!"

"What? Wait, so you're not mad at me?"

"Why would I be? I thought I'd die seeing you single. This is the best news!" Mr Bang grinned, "I can't believe my strategy worked."

"Strategy?" I gasped.

"The reason I asked Jisoo to stay with you was to trigger your emotions towards love. I didn't think it would work, but I'm glad it did. I'm happy for you, son! You're perfect for each other!"

"Oh... well, I didn't say that we're dating though..." I bit my inner cheek and looked elsewhere.

"What?" Mr Bang frowned.

"I don't know how she feels about me... I haven't asked her out yet."

"Well, then, what are you waiting for?"

My eyes snapped to the older man.

"Seize the day, son. Ask her. Use this opportunity well!"

"I... I'll try."

Once I heard the beep, I swung the door open to see Jisoo frozen in the middle of the foyer, probably on her way to the kitchen, "Hi!"

"Hey." I closed the door behind me and walked to her.