Kim Yeji

CHAPTER FIFTEENKim Yeji

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
Kim Yeji

KIM TAEHYUNG

I had to go back to work while Jisoo was still recovering in the hospital.

Her temperature had gone back to normal but we never got the chance to speak since her body still needed time to recover. In just a span of two days, it looked like she had lost a few pounds since everything that was fed to her was thrown up right out.

As of now, I was at the agency.

There was a briefing for Yoongi's MV shoot. Designers, producers, directors, Mr Bang and Yoongi were present in the board room.

"I heard about your girlfriend, I hope she gets well soon." Yoongi smiled at me. If I weren't drowning in my thoughts, I would've probably be fanboying over him...

I simply returned the smile and looked forward when Mr Bang cleared his throat. I didn't want to be here at this moment. The last couple of days had been hectic without a break and now the meeting that I would have to sit through till the very end.

"Welcome to you all and thank you for joining me at such a short notice." Mr Bang started, "As you already know, we're here to discuss about Yoongi's upcoming MV shoot. Front of you is the brief for the MV."

I picked up the sheet of paper that was on the table and briefly read through it. It was basically the same information I was given during the first meeting.

"We have the outfits ready for the MV." Said the head costume designer, "Both Taehyung's and Yeji's."

"Yeji?" I frowned.

"Yes, Kim Yeji will be working as the female lead for this MV." Mr Bang confirmed.

Kim Yeji. She was still new to the acting scene, a rookie. From what I had heard so far, she was a trainee at JYP and then got her first acting gig in a beauty ad.

"The shooting starts next week. The set design just needs some finishing touches which will be done soon." The production manager spoke up.

I was back at the hospital.

Jungkook drove me from the agency straight after the meeting. Dr Kim had called me to let me know that Jisoo had gained consciousness, and was recovering well.

I briskly made my way toward Jisoo's room and pushed the door open.

"Taehyung?" Jisoo squealed weakly.

Now that I paid attention, the nurse was feeding Jisoo porridge. I rubbed the back of my neck when the two women looked at me like deers caught in headlights.

"H-hey..." I walked in, taking hesitant steps, "I-I heard that you're feeling better. So I dropped by to c-check on you."

My heart was racing when Jisoo's expression still hadn't changed. I looked at the nurse, "May I?"

The nurse stood up and handed me the food tray, smiling at the two of us before closing the door shut. I took at seat on the stool that was previously occupied by the nurse and faced Jisoo.

"Um... Taehyung... what are you doing?" Jisoo croaked. Her skin was pale and eyes droopy.

"I... came by to check on you." I poked the spoon into the porridge, swirling patterns into it. I scoffed a little smile and directed the spoon to Jisoo's lips.

She frowned, eyes moving back and forth between the spoon and my face. She pursed her lips and sighed, "But, why...?"

Yeah... why? Why was I here? Why didn't I just go home and rest instead?

"Yeah, I shouldn't have come." I mumbled, standing up and ready to leave. But I halted when I felt a hand encircle my wrist.

"Stay..." Jisoo looked up at me, "Please?"

I gulped and nodded. I sat back on the stool. I took the bowl of porridge and mixed it, before directing the spoon to her lips again. This time she accepted it and hummed in satisfaction.

"Thank you." She whispered.

I smiled and fed her another spoon, "By the way, before I forget, I have a shooting schedule. Starting from next week."

"That's great news, Taehyung." She smiled back.

"I, uh... I'd like for you to come along. That is, if you're fully recovered by then." I fumbled on my words to which Jisoo let out a little chuckle and nodded.

"I'd love to."

I relaxed when she agreed.

"Noona!"

I jumped in my seat when the door to the room abruptly bursted open, and so did Jisoo. I caught my thumping chest and breathed, "For fuck's sake, Jungkook!"

"Oh, Noona! You're finally okay!" Jungkook skipped towards Jisoo and wrapped her weak body in his arms, "I was so scared!"

"Jungkook, you're going to kill her." I deadpanned. Jungkook noticed the blood drained out of Jisoo's face and moved away, "Shit, I'm sorry, Noona. I was just... so happy to see you recovering. Sorry."

"It's okay." Jisoo smiled at the younger male and ruffled his black hair.

I was lost in my thoughts as I witnessed their exchange. Was what Jungkook said really the truth? Did I judge her too soon? Was she really from a different world than mine?

And... was I really her dead fiancé in that universe?

A slightly shorter chapter than usual! I hope you liked it though!!!

And also, what do you think about the new character Kim Yeji? Do you think there's gonna be drama? 😈

Lemme know your thoughts!!!

Until Thursday my fraands!!💜