Introductions

CHAPTER FIVEIntroductions

CHAPTER FIVE
Introductions

CHOI JISOO

After the shower, I had to wear the same undergarments that I was wearing previously... for obvious reasons. I put Tae's shirt and the pants I borrowed from Taehyung into the laundry hamper beside the shower.

When I got out of the bathroom, I heard commotion coming from the hall. I quickly put on the clothes that were on the bed and ran out.

It was Taehyung, causing a ruckus in the foyer. Did this guy ever stop yelling or bossing around? It had never crossed my mind that I'd ever slap Taehyung in my life until I saw this guy! Wait... was that why he was behaving like this? Did I hurt his ego that badly?

"Whatever!" He scoffed and turned around, "I'm done with you both! And make sure I don't see her face again!"

I didn't know why... but my heart stung at his words. Such hostile words. If someone else had said these words, then I would've gladly ignored them... but this was Taehyung. The man who shared the same face, voice, eyes and body as the love of my life.

He's not him.

"Well... that went bad." Jungkook sighed, "Noona, are you... crying?"

"What?" I sniffled and realised that I indeed was crying. Stupid me crying over a stupid jerk's stupid words, "Oh, no. I'm okay."

"You must be going through a lot. Can I hug you?"

Usually I wouldn't agree, but I couldn't help but nod at the sweet boy. He gave me his signature bunny grin and enveloped me in his arms, "There, there. Don't cry. Even though you're older than me, you cry like a baby. Well, I don't blame you. You've been getting shit from everyone all day and it's not even midday yet!"

I didn't know why but his words made me emotional. I was so glad that I wasn't alone and I had someone like Jungkook to be around with, even though I had only got to know him this morning.

"So, Noona, you never told me about yourself." Jungkook said, eyes stuck onto the road before him.

"Oh, um... I'm Choi Jisoo. I'm not sure if you were too young, but, do you remember Chairman Jung of Soleil Group of Industries?" I looked over at Jungkook and noticed how his brows rose slightly.

"Ahh... I do. My mom was admitted to their hospital." He smiled a little, "They took good care of her. They even released some of their donation funds to help with her medicines. I'll always be grateful to them."

"He's my adoptive father."

"NO WAY!" Jungkook gasped, at which I chuckled a bit. I was starting to realise how I was beginning to feel better around Jungkook. He was a ball of joy.

"Yeah. I have a brother too. You're just like him, always kind and caring towards others." I smiled, remembering Hobi. I missed him so much...

"And... your fiancé?" Jungkook bit his lip, he probably was cautious since it was a touchy subject.

"Tae and I grew up in the same orphanage home. But we had to split ways when the Jung family adopted me."

"And?" Jungkook pouted, "How did you guys meet again?"

"We met in a company anniversary party. I'm usually not the type to party hard, so when I was out in the garden, he approached me first. Initially, I was surprised, and then I was beyond the clouds after I finally met him after so long."

"Cute!" Jungkook exclaimed, "I love love-stories! Go on!"

"Turns out, Taehyung was the next heir to one of the leading industries in Asia. We began seeing each other and then things got serious. He proposed to me on my 25th birthday. It was like a dream... like destiny. But..." I let out a breath. I didn't want to shed tears again.

"I'm sorry, Noona." Jungkook briefly squeezed my hand and moved it back onto the steering wheel, "This might sound wrong, but maybe this is your second chance... with Taehyung."

"WHAT! NO!" I shook my head so hard that I could've possibly yeeted my head back into my universe, "That man is annoying! And full of himself! He's the epitome of the kind of men I absolutely dislike!"

Jungkook laughed out loud at this. But I couldn't decide whether that was a laugh of humour or "Oh you're so wrong, just you wait" kind of laughter.

Once Jungkook pulled over, we got out and walked into the shopping complex. It was identical to the one I had in my world. The only difference was that, Tae owned the building in my world.

We walked into a variety of shops and all I did was choose the cheapest ones. I was already bothering Jungkook by staying at his place, I couldn't be a financial burden as well.

"I know what you're doing." He looked at the clothes I had chosen and shook his head in disapproval.

"What? What do you mea-"

"Please, Noona. Don't worry about the money. Choose what you like, not these Tees and sweats! You're chairman Jung's daughter, I'm sure none of these are even close to the kind of clothes you usually wear."

"No, Jungkook. I'm okay, really."

Jungkook tutted and snatched the clothes from my hands and dumped it on a stand near by, "This won't work. You've lost your rights to choose your clothes, I'm gonna do it for you. You just nod yes or no!"

Oh, boy.