The File

(Forgive me... you'll know why)

CHAPTER TWENTYThe File

CHAPTER TWENTY
The File

"Why did you hide it from me?"

"Tae..."

"I asked, WHY DID YOU HIDE IT FROM ME!?"

The papers that escaped from the file, that was thrown into the air, cascaded down towards the floor scattering the previously organised bedroom.

"I-I was going to tell you, Tae."

"About what? The cancer or the abortion?"

CHOI JISOO

My body jolted up straight when the front door slammed shut.

With clouded eyes, I turned around to see a figure walking towards me in the dark.

"Why haven't you turned on the lights, yet?" Taehyung's slender fingers clicked against the switch, making the living room light up.

I didn't release when and how I fell asleep on the sofa. Things that happened earlier were too overwhelming, so I guess exhaustion washed over me before I knew it.

"Were you... crying?" Taehyung frowned, squinting his eyes.

"What?" When I pressed my fingers against my cheeks, I was met with wet trails on my skin. I hadn't even released that I was crying in my sleep, "Oh, I didn't know..."

The frown from Taehyung's face didn't disappear as he took a seat on the sofa, beside me, scrutinising my face, "What happened?"

A lot happened.

I sighed, "Nothing."

"Well, you abruptly left the set and now I find you crying. So tell me. What happened?"

"It's nothing... I just remembered something from the past." I managed a smile, but it didn't reach my eyes and I was well aware of it.

"You were fine though, until I left to get changed. Did that fucking flirt do anything to you?"

"What? No! God, no! He didn't do anything." I shook my head.

"Then? What is it?"

"Trust me, it's nothing." I bit my inner cheek and turned away, unable to look Taehyung in the eyes. For someone who didn't care much, he seemed to be too observant.