Board Meeting

CHAPTER TWELVEBoard Meeting

CHAPTER TWELVE
Board Meeting

KIM TAEHYUNG

There were only 10 minutes left for the meeting to begin.

Jisoo and I hadn't spoken a word since the previous night. We avoided each other, mostly she avoided me and I had no idea why. Or maybe I did, not that I care!

A few minutes later, the board members entered the room one by one and took a seat in their respective places with Mr Bang being at the head of the table.

Within the past 10 minutes, everyone had arrived already. Jaehee and Jungkook too, not that they were board members but because they were part of the management and were with me most of the time.

My nerves began bothering me because screwing this up meant that it could lead to distrust within board members and the potential downfall of the company. I didn't understand why Mr Bang was ready to risk it all just for this fake relationship.

However, when it came down to the whole ordeal, I wasn't worried for myself since acting was what I did for a living and convincing them was going to be a piece of cake. What I was worried about was Jisoo, because obviously she utterly disliked me from the looks of it - or maybe she was playing hard to get - and she was probably going to suck at acting this out.

"Shall we begin with the meeting?" Mr Bang announced, earning everyone's nod, "Good. As you know, it's been all over the news that Taehyung is dating. Well, it is true. This is Choi Jisoo, and she is Taehyung's girlfriend."

He pointed to Jisoo who was sitting beside me. She greeted the members with a bow and smiled politely.

CHOI JISOO

To say that I was nervous was an understatement.

Even though on the outside I looked as calm as the ocean, on the inside waves of a tsunami were drowning me. My heart was thumping so hard that I could feel it in my throat.

Some of the member seemed pleasant while some gave me scrutinised looks.

"So how long have you both known each other for?" One of the women asked.

Taehyung and I looked at each other. I was shocked when I saw a boxy smile on his face for the first time ever since I got here. It calmed my nerves, because it reminded me of my Taehyung.

Just think he's Tae and play along.

I placed my palm on his hand that was on the table, I didn't miss how he was going to flinch so caught his hand to make the act unsuspecting, "Do you want to tell them, Tae?"