Glass of Water

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINEGlass of Water

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
Glass of Water

CHOI JISOO

The weekend had arrived just in time before I could lose my mind.

Weekends had become the time I would spend with Jungkook since it was his day-off and we would just sit in his flat and spend the day watching movies or cooking. Since I was invisible to Taehyung anyway, I would make his wish come true by leaving him by himself at his flat. At least it saved us from each other's awkwardness.

In the beginning when we first met, Taehyung didn't speak to me because  he didn't like me. And now he was doing the same because I couldn't accept the way he felt about me.

If I could, I would gladly give him what he wanted... but I couldn't. Not when there was an inner turmoil inside of me that would make me feel guilty for falling in love with this Taehyung only a few months after losing my fiancé.

Even though they shared the face, they were still two completely different people. Tae was bubbly, energetic and so enthusiastic that sometimes it would drain my energy too. He was the type of guy to befriend almost everyone at a gathering. So extroverted and welcoming.

And then there was Tae - looked like a brooding man to everyone who met him. Introverted. Bad temper. Like, really bad. So blunt, yet his words could cut deep like a blade.

But once I began to get closer to him, I realised that he's just a scared little boy trapped in a full-grown man's body, afraid that the world would hurt him if he seemed vulnerable. He was loving when he wanted to be and extremely caring. I knew better than anyone else. Every time he did something nice, it would make my heart flutter a bit. Every time I'd look into his eyes, I would get lost in those warm brown irises.

Maybe Jungkook was right... coming here, to this world, was my destiny. Seeing Taehyung was my fate. Being with him was probably a lesson to teach me to let go of the past.

But if only it wasn't so hard to let go...

"Noona!" Jungkook shook me out of my thoughts, "The movie is over. Did you even pay attention to what happened?"

"Sorry, I zoned out." I managed a smile.

"What's on your mind?" Jungkook sighed and rested his chin on his palm.

"Taehyung." I answered truthfully, "Tell me something, Jungkook. If you were in my place, what would you do?"

"I don't know, Noona... I know both your side and hyung's side of the story. And I know how much he likes you, and I feel bad that when he has finally found someone to love he can't get those feelings in return. But I also understand where you stand in this situation. You might have feelings for hyung, but your past has created a thick wall around you that refrains you from showing those emotions." Jungkook smiled sadly and looked down at his lap, "When I was 11, my pet goldfish died and it took me a month to get over it. But in your case, it was someone you loved with all your heart and what makes it overwhelming is the fact that you lost the person you were about to live a long, happy, married life with. If my 11-year-old self was devastated over my goldfish's death, I can't imagine what you must've gone through."