Who are you?

CHAPTER ONEWho are you?

CHAPTER ONE
Who are you?

My life wasn't always like this.

I never had a home that I could call mine, a family that I could call mine.

Mr Han had told me, when I was 4, that I was dropped at his orphanage's doorstep. Even though he didn't say it I knew I was unwanted. I was a mistake.

It was at that time that I came across the boy with the boxy smile. It was unlike any other's. At the age of 4, I didn't know what friendship meant, but he showed me the meaning. We became the best of friends. We went everywhere together, we paraded around the ground and played pranks on other kids and Mr Han. Taehyung turned me into a spawn of the devil and I enjoyed every second of it.

That was until... I had to leave. The Jung family chose me as their adoptive daughter and I had to say goodbye to everyone I knew for 6 years. I had to say goodbye to the boy who had a place in my heart.

I was scared. I never had a family other than Mr Han and Taehyung. But now that I had a mother, father and older brother, I didn't know how I was supposed to feel.

They took good care of me though. Hoseok was a year older than me. He was cold towards me when I first got here, but soon he accepted me as his sister. We became closer as we grew older.

I was no longer Choi Jisoo, I was now Jung Jisoo.

When I turned 10, I asked mom and dad if they could take me to the orphanage. I missed my best friend.

But when I got there, he wasn't there any more.

Mr Han said that he had been adopted a months after I left.

I thought I'd never see you again.

Choi Jisoo

I hadn't realised that I had fallen asleep until I woke up the next morning. The scent of his shirt made me relax my body and I sunk further into the sheets.

This is my life now... without you.

Even though my eyes were still shut, I pressed them tighter, focusing on Taehyung's scent. And even though it was just his shirt that I was wearing, his scent smelt a lot more stronger than last night.

Last night...

A gasp got stuck in my throat when I remembered the strange incident that happened last night. The blue ring.