The Search

CHAPTER NINETEENThe Search

CHAPTER NINETEEN
The Search

KIM TAEHYUNG

"What do you mean she left!?" I snarled at the younger boy, "Why didn't you follow her?"

All I could see was red!

"I was going to, hyung! But the production manager called me for help. I'm sorry, I'll go look for her."

"You better, because mark my words. I'll skin you alive if as much as one strand of her hair gets harmed by some crazy fan out there-"

"Taehyung."

Jaehee cut through the tension and I turned around, betraying no emotions on my face.

"The next shot is ready. Let's go."

"Find her." I whispered to Jungkook and turned around.

Suddenly, I felt my mood plummet. I had no idea why she ran away like that from the set. Was it because I was intimate with Yeji? But, that was part of my job.

Was she perhaps... jealous?

Involuntarily, a smirk twisted onto my lips.

Part one of the shoot was over - the happy side of the video. Now was the second part that required a costume change as well as a new set that looked dark and dreadful. There was a seesaw placed in the middle.

"Okay, so you guys need to behave like you hate each other to death." Namjoon cut me off my thoughts. I hadn't released when Jaehee had left my side with Yeji in her place instead, "More like love-hate. I want you to be coming back and then splitting again. Like there's so much love instead but it's disguised as hatred. You get me?"

I nodded and so did Yeji.

Speaking of Yeji, she wasn't much of a talker. She was quite introverted, but made heads spin in a room full of people. And working with her so far wasn't bad at all. I'd had troubles with some of my previous co-stars who'd be too arrogant and bossy to the extent where they'd change the script to their desire.

This experience was far off from that, and thankfully, I enjoyed working with someone who wasn't nosy or demanding. She did what was expected of her, making it easier to work with her and thus making the end results worth all the work we put in.

"Now, let's shoot the kissing scene first!"

JEON JUNGKOOK

How was it my fault if Noona decided to storm off?

Even though a part of me was angry at hyung for yelling at me as if I was noona's babysitter, the other half of me felt responsible for not stopping her before she left.

I walked out of the shed and looked around.

Some fans were still near the barrier, waiting for hyung to finish his filming and show up again. Like hyung said, I was scared that if some crazy sasaengs got to Noona, the outcome would not be pretty. They'd use every chance to abuse and bully her, and I wasn't ready to let anyone do that to her.

I carefully looked around the entrance, searching for Noona. But she was nowhere to be seen.

A subtle fear in my chest started to sink in as my mind came up with the worst case scenarios. Just to be safe, I started searching the perimeter of the location.

As the gravel rumbled against the sole of my shoes, my eyes scanned the entire area. It was only when I got to the secluded backside of the location that I saw a petite figure crouching down with their head settled on their knees that were hugged closely to the chest.

I recognised the long, lustrous, black hair immediately.

"Noona?"

Caught off guard, Noona jolted her head up to me like a deer caught in headlights. Swollen eyes wide open, cheeks damp and flushed.

"Are you... okay?" I took slow but steady steps towards Noona and crouched down to meet her eye-level. I didn't like seeing her like this, it broke my heart.

"No, Jungkook, I'm not okay." Her voice cracked, making my heart sting.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I hushed, brushing the loose strands away from her face.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about me." She sniffled and looked away, hugging herself tighter.

I sighed. I didn't want to push her to answer when she wasn't ready to speak. So all I could do was move closer and pull her into a gentle, comforting hug. It was the least I could do in that moment.

I had read somewhere that hugs elevated one's mood.

Was it on tiktak? Or instabox?

"Thank you." Noona pulled away and gave me a small smile, "For looking for me."

"Ah, well. If I hadn't have looked for you then hyung would've - and I quote - skinned me alive if as much as a hair strand was harmed. So yeah, I don't wish to die such a horrible death, not this soon." I grinned widely, trying to make a lighter note.

"He said that?" Noona gasped, lips slightly apart like a cute pout. I scoffed out a smile and nodded.

"Do you wanna go back in?" I jutted my head the other way where the entrance of the set was.

"I... no... I want to go home instead. I don't feel so good." Noona exhaled deeply, chewing on her lower lip.

"That's okay, I'll ask the driver to take you home. Alright?" I stood up and reached my hand out to Noona for her to take it. I pulled her up to her feet when she took my hand and guided her to the black van.

I instructed the driver to take Noona home, to which he nodded. I waved my hand as the van drove off until it disappeared into a black dot. Letting out a deep breath, I walked back into the set.

This chapter was most probably bleh.

I'm sorry.

But I like Jk x Jisoo interactions a lot!

🤡