The Troublemaker

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIXThe Troublemaker

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
The Troublemaker

CHOI JISOO

The first thing I saw went we reached were the numerous camera flashes bursting like fireworks the moment our car pulled up at the venue.

All this suddenly took me back to the red carpet parties in my world. The media always watched over us like hungry hawks looking on something to feed on, no matter what it costed us in return...

When it came to that, this world wasn't any better. Humans were greedy, no matter which world they belonged to.

I flinched out of my thoughts when I felt a palm press against the back of my hand. I looked over at Taehyung who had a tinge of concern on his face, "You okay?"

I nodded, "Mhmm."

"We'll get back home as early as we can, okay? Just let me know if all this gets too much. I know it can be quite overwhelming but-"

"Taehyung." I broke him off and giggled, "I'll be fine. Besides, I'm used to such events."

"Oh, right... you were quite popular in your world. From what I've heard from Jungkook that is." Taehyung nodded in understanding.

"Okay, love birds!" Jaehee cleared her through loudly, glaring at us from the rear view mirror, "You don't plan on spending the whole night in the van, do you?"

"Let's go." Taehyung whispered with a playful smile on his face. He reached his hand out to me and I took a hold of it as he led me out of the van, with Jungkook and Jaehee in tow.

The sound of the flashes multiplied the moment we stepped out. Questions were spewed everywhere and not one of them could I hear clearly.

I felt Taehyung's protective hand on my back as we walked up the stairs while Jungkook and Jaehee walked on either sides of us to protect us from the reporters that were ready to pounce on us at any given moment.

Once we reached the top of the stairs, Taehyung turned around and so I followed what he did. He began posing for the cameras and I suddenly froze, feeling awkward and out of place.

Taehyung probably sensed it because he looked at me and smiled reassuringly, "We're lovers tonight."

I hesitantly nodded.

Taehyung pulled me closer by the waist and my heart broke into loud thumping in my chest. I felt like I could vomit out my heart any second now.