z e r o pt.2: Prologue

1 year later

1 year later.

The people of twisted acre had began a night search for the seven missing children. The families of these children had searched for them non-stop.

The town had provided night patrols in hoping they'll find them. Days and months passed by, and people began to lose hope. Some people believed they had been taken by the legendary tophats, while some believed they were kidnapped by criminals. Most assumed they were dead. Minor numbers of the people of Twisted Acres were not afraid to open their mouth by saying that they assumed the seven children had died, but few defended for the families by threatening the negative rumors that were spread throughout town.

As the seven families were grateful for the defenders, they too slowly loose hope, and thought for the worse.

That was until the first alarm was sounded, and people's hope lifted.

The first one to be found was Harley Hawthorne by Benjamin Andrew. Tate's father. The blonde 9 year old girl, was found at the outskirt of town. Her white dress torn at the hem. Arms were bruised and scratched. The girl's wrist were marked with rope injuries, showing struggles.

Then was Mike Taylor. Found on the side of Rose Lane road that leads to the town exit by the Hatter family. His body covered with bruises and the side of his head was bleeding. His mother, Delia Taylor, was sure it would leave a scar.

Mid day, as children played in the playground, young Eleanor Rose, found a hand sticking out of a pile of fallen leaves. As she cleared them, Gracie Young was found by her little sister. The 8 year old Young, was buried beneath the pile of leaves for who knows how long.

Adam Lavender followed next. A group of teenagers had decided to camp in an abandoned Manor called the Corkscrew Manor. It was said to be haunted. One of the teenagers had went to find the bathroom only to stumbled into Adam's cold yet still breathing body, hiding under the bed.

The Carpenters found their missing daughter when, Henry Carpenter went to collect some woods for the fire. Rachel was found tied to a tree with her eyes blindfolded. Arms and face covered in dirt, and her red hair were knotted in a mess. Its a miracle she hadn't been eaten by wild animals in the wood.

At 7 pm, Tate Andrew was found by Mitchell Hawthorne. Harley's cousin. His body was hanged on the tree branch, by his torso. Arms and legs dangling, yet he was still breathing.

All six families were happy and relieved that their children was found, even though they were found covered in bruised and dirt. But the people of Twisted Acres didn't stop, as there was only one child left unfound. So, they search and search, but she was nowhere to be found.

The Hatter was devastated, but they still hoped that their only daughter will be found. Maybe not now, but someday.

It was not until the next day, when the sun began to set, fisherman Billie Joe and his son, Scout, went into the woods clearing where a lake sat, for a picnic. While Billie Joe was setting up the picnic area, Scout had went to play near the lake with his toy boat. Then something - or rather someone - caught the 9 year old boy's eyes. Although the day was getting dark and the lake was deep, Scout a saw a small figure deep down in the waters. He leaned forward carefully to get a better look, only to fall in accidentally in to the water.