f o u r : New kids in town*

Four: New kids in town

RACHEL CARPENTER spent half of her day by forgetting where her class was. She was glad that it was now lunch. But then she was worried if she had forgotten where the cafeteria, and suddenly her appetite had vanished.

Rachel sighed. First she was late to her her first class on her first day. Then she forgot where she had placed her textbook. She didn't realised there was a tissue roll on the bottom of her shoe which earned herself laughs from the whole french period. And now, the redhead had completely forgotten that she accidentally left her lunch back at home. Though she does have a snicker bar left on the pocket of her bag.

Instantly, she checked for the chocolate bar and let a breath of relief when she felt it.

So to summarise, her day had went to shit. Although it was still half of the school hours, Rachel could tell it will continue to the end of school.

She trudged towards the school entrance door and stepped into the courtyard where there're students sitting on the grass or on the picnic tables, in groups.

Realising that most of the people here knew each other already, Rachel was debating whether she should just skip lunch and went to the library or just find a nice place to sit and enjoy her one snicker bar alone.

Rachel's green eyes observed the crowd of student, trying to find a place where she could sit. Her eyes landed on a patch of grass under a tree, where two people sat and talking with each other. Two paper bags placed between them.

She tilted her head for a moment, taking notes of how familiar they look yet she couldn't put a finger who they were. But what she does know, was that those two were Jude Hatter and Adam Lavender.

She knew Jude from her music class and Adam from drama. Both of them were nice, though it took minutes for Adam to get comfortable with her. Adam was a quiet person but very nice to talk to when she gets to know him better, and Jude was a social person only when she wants too. Just like Rachel.

She even thought Rachel how to play Tim Burton's the corpse bride song on the piano.

Rachel thought if she should go to them and sit with them during lunch. Surely, they'll let her right?

Breathing in and out slowly, she began to walk through the crowds and towards them. Strands of red hair flew around her face, and she tucked them behind her ear. She bit her lip anxiously as she got nearer and nearer to the duo.

Both Adam and Judy looked up as they saw someone was coming towards them, and stopped talking.

Before Rachel could opened her mouth to ask them, Judy smiled and moved her bag aside to make space for her.