t h i r t e e n

thirteen

THE FACELESS men gathered in a circle. Hands connected to another as they chanted. Their voice increased one by one and the whole room vibrated.

The wind blew harshly and the temperature turned cold as it dropped. The room glowed by a single light shining above them, and the seven dolls in the middle of their circle. All seven replicas of the seven children they took 10 years ago. Button for eyes, threads for hair. 

The chanting continued when a loud tapping echoed across the floorboard. Tapping in a beat.

Tap

Tap

Tap

Heavy footsteps tapped on the floor as they approached the circle of men. It's cane followed the rhythm as well. 

Tap

Tap

Tap

The colour of his blood red coat dripped down on the floor, as if it been painted by red with blood. Skeleton hands gripped on the carved raven head on the cane. His top hat shadowing his face.

As he stood in the middle, the men stopped their chanting and faced their leader.

Mr. Tophat stood high and smiled wickedly. Even with no eyes, he could sense perfectly well of the presence of the seven dolls. The seven children.

"Men!" he shouted. His arms raised up high like the ring master of his circus, greeting his audience. But these men weren't audience, they were his followers.

"It is finally time!" the men burst in to cheer.

"It is finally time for our dear children to be reunited with us again!" They cheered louder for him.

"It is time-" he picked up a doll, with long brown hair, dark brown buttoned eyes stitched to pale skin fabric. "For our children to come home"

"Home!"

"Home!"

"Home!"

The devil smiled sharply. "It's time for us to finish what we have done 10 years ago."

"It's time to bring him back! The king of darkness. The beast. The devour of madness!" 

The men roared, agreeing to their master. He smiled evilly and laughed like a maniac. Eyes wide filled with pools of nightmare and craziness. He looked back at the doll with brown hair and dark eyes. The one with scars all over her small body. 

Jude Hatter. 

I will come back for you after what you're ancestor had done.