f i f t e e n: The mirror maze.*

fifteen: The Mirror Maze.

THE BUSTLING sound of the crowd in the town's festival. Enjoying its festivities, games, the food trucks with their friends and families.

Laughter came from every part of the festival, starting from the Ferris wheel to the mirror maze, and haunted house. Lights flashing red, blue and many more, creating a spooky effect on the town. Decorations were hanged and place everywhere as people passed by.

The smell of different foods and drinks coming from various food trucks. Lines of people waiting for their turns as they talked to their companions. There were deserts and baked cakes from the Young's bakery along with some of the town's homemade delicacies, including the Hatters. The area had surprisingly crowded in a quick second.

Jude walked in the crowd, with her hands in pockets. Her brown eyes traveled from one game stall to another, and watched people played enthusiastically. She watched them shouted and competed against each other as they played. Laughing while enjoying the game. She watched them having a good time. The brunette turned away from them a walked straight forward.

Some of her friends from school greeted her as she walked by them, and the students from her music class stopped her and started a conversation. All that time, Jude faked a smile and pretended as if she enjoyed their presence.

In truth, Jude wanted to not be at the festival in the first place. One; because she was tired, and two; Well, she was simply tired. But since she had already agreed to Tate's invitation, she couldn't cancelled last minute. Plus he sounded eager to spend time with her, Jude would feel bad if she did. 

After a few talks and stops, Jude continued her walked to who knows where. She just kept on walking until her feet told her to stop.

Lost in her thoughts once again, like she always does now, Jude didn't felt the tap on her shoulder, until she was turned around suddenly.

The girl stumbled in surprise, quickly grabbing on the nearest thing she could reach; a pole, before she could fall. Her vision clouded from snapping back to reality, and looked upwards. A relief smile formed on her face as she realized who it was. 

There stood Tate Andrews. Two small bags of popcorns in his hands. He smiled apologetically at her, before placing the popcorn in front of her. "Popcorn?" he offered, awkwardly. 

Jude gave him a small smile and took the popcorn from him. "You better got the right one." 

"Salted popcorn and no butter. Just the way you like it, ma'am" 

She giggled at his antics and the two walked side by side through the crowd. Every now and then Jude would moved one feet away from him whenever she could feel his warmth beside her and his biceps against her arms. But the more she moved further away, the more he walked closer to her. 

Meanwhile, Tate would glanced at her when he could. It had been a week since he became concerned of Jude's wellbeing. He had been visiting the manor frequently just to see of Jude's doing, and even convinced her to not go to school for a day. He too didn't went to school which made everyone questioned about him and Jude.

There were rumors already going around that they were dating, and there were some negative comments about them as they're positive ones. 

But he didn't care at the moment as the only thing in his mind was taking care of Jude. He would make Jude as his priority. She's important to him even when he couldn't explain it. He just know that she is. 

He was happy to see that Jude was feeling better as the days progressed. Though he could still see how tired she was.

"Are you feeling better now?" Tate asked her.