t w e n t y : Sleepwalk*

Twenty: Sleepwalk

JUDE KEPT ON walking deep into the woods as if her body has its own mind. Like a puppet being pulled by its strings. She had no control of her movements despite how much she had tried to regain her conscience.

She knew where she was going. Which she couldn't exactly explained how she knew. And she knew she was going to somehow forget about this in the morning once she wakes up. It happened most of the time apparently without her knowledge. 

So she unconsciously picked up a stone, the one with a sharp one and managed to carved her initials on the tree on her left. A mark to let her know, she had been here. 

It felt normal somehow as if she had done this multiple times. 

Once she had finished carving them on the tree, her body felt weak and blackness started to cover her vision. 

Jude slowly sat down and leaned back against the tree bark. Her hands over her stomach and feet covered in dirt. Dark hair cascaded over her shoulders in soft waves. The moonlight reflecting against her skin making it looked pale white. 

If anyone were to stumble into her sleeping figure, they would've seen something ethereal, as the dark haired beauty laid there in the hands of the dark woods and what surrounded her. They would never noticed the lingering red eyes that rested on her as they watched the young girl fell asleep. 

Unbeknownst to Jude, little did she know that the initials she had carved, wasn't her first mark.

Behind the tree where she laid asleep, was littered with some overlapped the old ones with new, big and small letters, the same initial. 

J.H.

J.H.

J.H.

It was everywhere. 

But this time she added something new. J.H.E. Because, deep down she knew something was different about this visit.

Meanwhile, there was another dinner party being held for the families. But this time, it was at the Carpenters. 

Jude didn't came, of course. 

Cassandra only informed that Jude hadn't been feeling well lately. And although the adults may have seem to believe it, the teenagers didn't.

They were the only ones who knew what happened to the girl.

After Mike had returned from the manor, he just quickly briefed the others how Jude was doing. Nothing out of the ordinary except for her constant spacing out and the fact she just came from the woods that morning.

Though Mike didn't mentioned it to them because of Jude's privacy.

Everyone was busy talking about the upcoming event coming in four weeks. Which was the annual celebration of the town's Founders Day. 

All of the students at school were busy with the event, whether it'll be practicing the play that was directed by Delia Taylor, Mike's mother, or the dance which was important for the three descendants of the three founders. But since there were only three of them, a fourth participant was chosen. 

Everyone had thought Harley would've been that fourth participant. Instead, it was Rachel as the blonde had suddenly suggested. Which caught everyone off guard.