f o u r t e e n: Blackbird*

Fourteen: Blackbird

9 years ago,
Moving day.

"BLACKBIRD SINGING in the dead of night

Take these broken wings and learn to fly

All your life

You were only waiting for this moment to arise"

EIGHT YEAR old Jude hummed as she carefully walked on the cobblestones of her gate. Her thin arms raised by her side, balancing her from falling.

Behind her, boxes were placed out in the yard to be picked up by the moving truck. Most of their stuffed were left in the house, as her grandmother would be living in the manor, alone.

Her parents had asked the old woman to come with them to New York, but Gwen refused to leave the only memory she had of her late husband, Jude's grandfather. 

Her brown eyes stared at her box for a moment, filled with clothes, books and other things she needed. The ones that she doesn't needed, Jude had either thrown them away or donated them.

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night

Take these sunken eyes and learn to see

All your life

You were only waiting for this moment to be free"

Her long dark brown hair, flew freely as the wind blew them. Even with the dark clouds, sun rays managed to shine through them and landed on the girl. Small fainted freckles that dusted her cheek bones were seen.

Jude was trapped in her head at the moment, not paying attention to her surrounding, as she continued walking back and forth on the stone fence.

Her mind kept wandering to the thought of her friends. 

Old friends. 

She hadn't been talking to them lately. And lately they never seem to care or notice if she she didn't. The little girl was hurt and abandoned by the people she had befriended, thinking they would last longer together, and grew up together like their parents did.

But they didn't.

And now she was going away forever, she wondered how they would react; Would they be upset at the though of her leaving them? Or would they not care and continued their life happily without her. Jude doesn't know.

Most of all, she wondered about Tate. Would he cry and felt guilty for not being able to spend some time with her for the last time? Or would he returned to his new friends and forgot about her like he already did. 

Seeing as Tate had replaced her by another person who she thought was her friend. 

Jude chose the second. She couldn't imagined him feeling sad because he wasn't with her before it was time to leave. He was so happy, that Jude didn't want to take that happiness away from him.

But she couldn't denied she was a bit hurt from it.

Just as Jude's foot hovered at the edge of the stone fence, she heard Ms. Carswell, their snotty neighbour, calling her.