n i n e t e e n: How did it get to here?*

Nineteen: How did it get from here

The day after the Dare.

HOW DID she get from being close to him to fifty feet apart from him?

The tears wouldn't stop falling. Her arms wrapped around her folded legs as she sat in the corner of her room. Everything around her was chaos.

The pictures had fallen to the floor. Followed by her bed sheets leaving her bed bare. The pillows thrown across the room. Her bookshelves clear of books as they had been thrown from its rightful place, and Jude's violin was broken apart.

No light filled in the room except for the moonlight outside, shining through her curtains.

Everything was quiet, except for her muffled sobs.

Jude didn't know how long she had been that corner. She didn't even care to go downstairs for dinner when her stomach growled. Her mother had tried to come in, and her grandmother as well. Both of them questioning if Jude was okay.

They were concerned for her when they saw Jude came running into the house, crying.

But to no avail, the girl remained unresponsive, and eventually they left Jude so she could have her own space.

Her mind was filled with endless questions of what she did wrong. Of the memory from the dare a couple nights ago.

"Tate, stop being so overprotective! I can do this by myself!" Jude huffed. Annoyed at the boy's behavior through out the night.

It was supposed to be fun! Jude felt adventurous that night wanting to explore the infamous Corkscrew manor that everyone in town was talking about.

Once Gracie had explained the intention of the Dare, Jude couldn't help but feel thrilled.

But the moment Jude stepped into the building, Tate was acting weird and being protective all of the sudden. She appreciated the concern, but it happened every single minute. The scolding, the 'let me go first then you', the cautions. It became annoying every time she took a step into a different room.

Eventually she didn't find it fun and thrilling anymore and when she got a text from Gracie saying that she thought it was best to leave because something had happened to Adam, Jude wanted nothing more but to get away from Tate's presence.

She felt as if the more Tate was acting like he was that night, too protective for no reason, she would go insane.

Of course the boy had took note of her sudden changed of behavior, and instead of asking her, Tate had somehow thought how it was the time to yell at her.

"Would you stop being so reckless for one second?!" he yelled at her angrily.

"Me acting reckless? Why don't you stop being PROTECTIVE OF ME, TATE?!" Jude screamed back. "All I wanted was to have fun, exploring the building, but you just have to act as if every single thing I stepped on or touch is dangerous."

"You think this is fun?" Tate questioned her in disbelief. He looked at her as if she was insane. "You think going into an abandoned building where many possibility of something bad could happen, is fun?"

"You could get hurt for god sake!"

"Well, stop being a pessimist and loosen up, Tate! I swear you're acting weird and out of character every single day."

"Out of character? You should look at yourself in the mirror, Jude! If the one who's acting out character, is you!" Tate pointed his finger at her, and unconsciously poked her on her shoulder. "You're acting as if you don't care about the consequences. You dived right into trouble without thinking what would happen after! Day by day you're acting reckless and always get yourself into trouble, and then I have to save your butt by the end of the day."