t e n: Dinner disaster.*

Ten: Dinner disaster.

THE YARD was filled with the sound of silverwares scraping on the plate and people conversing with each other.

The dinner party looked livelier than Jude had expected it to be. She'd thought that it would be something classy, like no talking on the table except for business matters and all that adult stuff. But it seemed that everyone was very close and conversive.

She had been listening to Rachel, and Gracie conversations when Tate nudged her elbow. The brunette turned from the two girls that had sat across from her, and then to Tate who sat himself beside her. He technically led her to sit next to him right away when they came in.

"What?" she questioned him.

"I have a question"

"Ask away, Andrew"

"I thought we're friends. Why are we still on second based?"

"I don't remember agreeing to being friends. You're more of an acquaintance, than a friend." Jude explained. "Is that you're question?"

The boy shook his head. "No. What I was going to ask was my mom told me before that you and your mom used to live in town before you moved away. I thought you've never came to Twisted Acres before?" He asked her. Tate had been asking the same questions ever since Jude had came here. He tried to see if Jude had any recognition of the town, but she'd never show any. She could've forgotten but what's the harm in asking.

Jude on the other hand was taken surprised with his question. Her brows pinched in confusion as she looked at him in questioning. "What do you mean? I've never heard of Twisted Acres ever in my entire life, not until now. If I known wouldn't my mom had told me before?"

Tate shrugged. "Maybe your mother thought you knew, so that's why she didn't say anything." Although, the reason didn't sit right with him, because something deep inside of him thought that there was more to the reason why Jude doesn't know about Twisted Acres.

Now that he thought of it, not even the teachers at school acted unfamiliar with her. They acted as if they had known her for a long time, and they were surprised to see her 'back' in town. Not only that, he also wondered why the other students had suddenly chose Jude during the Founders day election instead of Harley like they usually do. Sure, Jude was nice and she had made close friendship with the other students making them could actually rely on her, but still there's something more to that.

"You're just overthinking it, Tate." Jude said as if sensing his thoughts. But Jude was also overthinking it. If Tate said that she and her mother had been in Twisted Acres before and she couldn't possibly remember it, then it must explained why Tate was very familiar to her. And it wasn't just him, but even Gracie, Adam and Rachel. It was like she knew them right before she stepped foot in town.

Jude admit that back in New York, even with her friends, she felt as if there was something missing. A part of her had gone disappeared and it disrupted her thoughts during her daily basis. Every time she spaced out as if she was trying to remember something, her head would hurt and she mostly ended up unconscious after that.

Beside her, Tate nodded but he wasn't fully convinced, though maybe he was overthinking it as well.

"Is that you're only question? Because I have one of my own."

"Ask away my mad hatter."

"It's about the founders day."

Tate hummed at her as he eat the savory desert, strawberry cake. "You'll be representing the Hatter family, right?"