e i g h t e e n: Upside Down*

Eighteen : Upside Down

IT'S LIKE THE town had a light switch.

Everything was dark. Everyone was acting out of character. The sun barely comes out and the weathers were always gloomy. Everything became upside down.

Unfortunately, Rachel was the only able to notice.

Another thing that she notice, was the lack of a certain Hatter's appearance.

Rachel wasn't sure why she barely seen Jude at school, and she wasn't sure what had happened to her and Tate.

Ever since the night of the Dare, the two became somehow distant.

That night, Gracie had decided to involve everyone — as in her, Rachel, Adam, Jude, Tate and even Mike and Harley, to do Twisted Acres official dare. They have to spend the night in the abandoned Corkscrew mansion, and whoever wins get the giant chocolate easter egg.

The thing was, a few years ago, a group pf teenagers claimed that they had seen and heard something in the basement, but when they went to check it in the morning, there was nothing.

Gracie had thought that it was a great idea as she had managed to convinced them into seeing this strange thing.

They had spilt in to pairs and three. Rachel was with Gracie and Adam, while Harley was surprisingly paired with Mike — a duo that they never knew would happen considering the two of them were complete opposites, and Jude of course was paired with Tate.

Obviously something must've happened to them because when they went back out of the mansion, there was tension stretching between them. Tate was saying something about how Jude was reckless and completely went out of her mind, while Jude was yelling how he'd been over protective of her despite how they've been friends for a month now.

Then one said something they didn't meant, Jude didn't look back at them and left.

That was the last time they had seen Jude, because the next day, Jude didn't came to school.

Everyone in the group claimed that she must've not feel well, or that she refused to come to school because of Tate.

But something didn't sit right with Rachel.

During that night, she felt when having all seven of them in one place was right. As if they were meant to be even if it was just for one night.

And the next day, they did continue to be that group, but without Jude everything was different.

Rachel had tried to approach Tate and asked him what had happened between them, but Tate kept avoiding her and every time someone mentioned her name around him, he would tensed or scowled.

Was it that bad?

Probably.

She sighed. Everything was fine. Everyone was getting along somehow. Now, it became a complete opposite.

The redhead walked towards the familiar building and went behind the school where the back door of the basement was.

She twisted the knob carefully and went inside the dark lit room.