27

~Ayla's POV~

Friday came around rather quickly and, before I knew it, I was searching through my closet for something to wear after I had showered. I looked through the hung up dresses in my closet, trying to figure out what would be appropriate. Mr. Maxwell had said that is was a formal occasion, so I knew I needed to dress myself up.

I eventually picked out a black silk slip dress with a slit up the left side, all the way up to around my hip. The dress was short and had thin straps that went over the shoulders, with a cowl neckline that showed off some cleavage. It was cute, and fancy enough that I felt like it would do pretty well. I decided to go braless, slipping the dress on over my body before I looked at the few pairs of heels that I had. Usually I didn't wear actual heels but rather just booties, though I felt that wouldn't do this time. I picked out a pair of black heels that tied around the ankles and boosted me up a few inches higher.

My bedroom door was busted open as I was in the middle of putting on one of my heels, snapping my head up in surprise. Soren came strutting in, his eyes landing on me where I sat on the edge of my bed. "You're almost ready? We have to go soon." He said, shoving his hands deep into the pockets of his pants. I finished putting on my heels and stood up, realizing when I did that I was still nowhere as tall as him. "Yeah, just a second." I answered, striding over to the jewelry box on top of my dresser.

I'd thankfully had enough time since I'd gotten out of the shower to curl it before I got dressed, and to do my makeup as well. My dark hair fell to my lower back in pretty curls, and I had done my makeup to perfection.

Instead of doing just nude eyeshadow, which is what I usually would do because it was incredibly easy and took basically no skill, I decided to try to do something with eyeliner. My hands often shook when I did this, so I had honestly expected to end up failing epically. Thankfully, though, it turned out pretty well. The black liner was sharp and looked even better when I put on my fake lashes to finish it off. My lips were painted with a red gloss and I looked pretty smoking hot, if I did say so myself.

I grabbed my favorite necklace from my jewelry box, which was silver and had a sparkly pendant in the shape of a clover hanging from the chain, and clasped it around my neck. I left my star shaped stud earrings in and then looked over at Soren, who looked rather impatient as he tapped his foot on the floor and raised his brows at me. "Okay, I'm ready." I said, trying not to smile when he groaned in relief and shook his head. We left my room and I took the opportunity to check him out as we headed downstairs, since I was walking behind him and he couldn't see me ogling him.

Soren's suit was black, the sleeves clinging tightly onto his muscular arms and broad shoulders. His back even looked sexy, which I didn't know was actually possible but evidently it was. My eyes flicked down to his butt and I found that his butt looked impeccable in the tight pants, as did his thighs. He looked so large and muscular, so in charge, that it made me want to take off his clothes.

"You're staring at me again, aren't you?" Soren asked as we walked down the hall towards the front door, turning his head to glance at me over one shoulder. My eyes snapped up to his and I found him smirking in amusement. "I knew it." He chuckled, turning his head around again as he opened the front door. "I could feel you staring at me." He added, sounding amused. I huffed in annoyance, rolling my eyes as I slipped past him when he held the door open for me. "Can't you just keep your ego in check for two seconds?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

His blue eyes flicked down to my breasts when he turned to face me, as the action had made them pop out even more, and then wandered the length of my body. "No, but I can definitely inflate yours a little more. God, you look so hot in that." He told me, running a hand through his dark hair as he approached me.