12

~Ayla's POV~

I was woken up to the sound of a car door slamming, making me jerk awake in surprise as I sat in Soren's car. We must have arrived at his house already. The week had passed by so quickly and I still got along with Soren about as well as I had when we left a week ago. What progress I've made.

A sigh left my lips as I got out of the car and looked up at the view in front of me, realizing that we really were up on a giant hill like he had described to me. The drive was long to get here, so it was already dark and I could see the city lights in the distance when I looked out. It must've been quite a drive to get up here, making me glad that I had slept through it. "Are you going to help bring in the twelve thousand bags or do I have to carry them all in myself?" Soren complained from behind me, sounding grumpy. I'd almost forgotten about the fact that he and I had stopped by my house earlier to pick up all of my things, just so I could move in with him.

When I turned around I looked up at his house and my jaw dropped, incredibly taken aback. "That's your house?" I gasped, blinking at it in disbelief. I heard him snort. "Yeah. Technically yours now, too, since you live here." He said, walking off to the front door with a couple of my bags in his hands. I continued to gaze up at the pretty house, unable to even imagine how much it must've costed.

Much of the walls were made entirely of glass, which meant that there wasn't really any privacy, but I guess that that didn't matter since nobody else lived up here but him. His house was the only one.

I headed over to the car, realizing that I needed to help bring in all of my bags, and grabbed a couple before I walked inside. I was greeted with a long hallway, the walls a dark grey color and the floors some sort of dark concrete. I didn't see Soren anywhere, nor did I hear him, so I walked down the hallway and into a large living room area that had to be stepped down into. The couches were black and the floor changed from the dark concrete to a light wood, which was a nice change. I glanced to the right and saw a pool table just up two steps, with several pool cues hung on the wall just in front of it. Then to the upper left of the living room was the kitchen, with dark cabinets and a dark island in the middle. Clearly, Soren didn't favor having much color in his interior decoration.

I glanced at the steps that were right between the living room and the pool table area, the tall ceilings and completely glass walls making it easy for me to glance up towards the second floor from down in the living room, which seemed to branch out into two separate areas. Above the kitchen was a little balcony and I spotted a door that I assumed led to a bedroom, whereas above the living room was another area that seemed rather open. I headed up the stairs and realized it seemed to be an open office area, so I assumed he worked here sometimes. I turned around and glanced across to the other upstairs area, and the door on the balcony space suddenly flung open.

Soren stood there, his blue eyes landing on me. He leaned against the doorframe and raised his brows. "You going to stand there forever or are you going to come here?" He asked with some sass, making me huff. I walked down the hall beside the stairwell and over to him, coming to a stop in front of the door. He smirked at me and leaned down a little. "You barely brought any bags in." He tsked, one of his long fingers flicking me gently on the tip of my nose. I gasped and reeled my head back, shooting him a look that he ignored. He spun around and stepped into the room, moving to the side so I could enter. "This is going to be your room." He said, leaning his shoulder into the wall.

Like everywhere else, the front wall was glass. I peered around and set my bags down by the foot of the bed that was in the middle of the room, awed by how nice it looked. The blankets were white and it was obvious that this room was probably never used, but it was pretty nonetheless. Hung on the wall above the dresser across from my bed was a flatscreen TV, and to the very right of that was a door that I assumed led into a closet.