33

~Ayla's POV~

"Come on," Soren complained, throwing an arm around my waist as I pulled on my shoes. I sat up straight on the couch after pulling on one shoe and glanced over at him, his body leaning into mine. "Can't you take off today? It's just one time." He pouted.

I giggled and shook my head, gently pushing his hand from my waist. "I can't. Besides, you just want to have sex again." I said, smiling to myself. He grinned playfully and squeezed my hip, pulling me only closer now that I was trying to get away. "Aw, how'd you know?" He teased, gently biting onto a patch of exposed skin on my neck. My hair was tied up today, giving him all the access he could ever want to my neck, if he wanted it. I rolled my eyes and turned my head when he pulled away just enough for me to look at him. "I swear, it's like you're always hard lately." I told him, trying not to giggle as his hand wandered to my thighs.

Soren scooted closer to me, humming lowly as he kissed me on my jaw. "I can't help it. I told you that I want you naked every time I even think of you." He grumbled, making me laugh. His lips twitched up against my skin and he pushed me down onto my back on the couch, crawling up over me. "Take the day off, Ayla. Promise I'll at least make it worth your while." He practically pleaded, grazing his fingertips along the curve of my waist. I looped my arm around his neck and slid my fingers up into the back of his soft hair. "We had sex like, five times yesterday. I'm...Well, I'm out of order for a few days." I said softly, feeling my face burn in embarrassment. He paused his hand and pushed up, raising his brows at me questioningly. "You're sore?" He asked. I reluctantly nodded my head, staring up at him. "It's your fault." I pretended to pout.

He gave me a sheepish grin and seemed to tone it down on getting me out of my clothes, now that he knew I was sore from yesterday. "Sorry. But now you have a reason to stay home." He kept insisting, making me raise my brows at him, a little bit surprised. For a moment, my mind tried to linger on him referring to this as home, as if he thought it belonged to both of us. "You still want me to stay? I meant it when I said I don't think we can have sex today." I responded, forcing that thought away and furrowing my brows in confusion. I assumed that he had only wanted me to take off work because he wanted to have sex, but I was so sore, I really didn't think it was possible.

That was precisely why it surprised me when he just cocked up a brow at me. "Yeah, I know." He snorted. "You take me for some kind of idiot, Ayla? I didn't say that for us to fuck like rabbits. I'd be more than happy with you just lounging around the house in my clothes, or sleeping in my bed. It gets lonely here on my own." He pouted playfully, trailing his fingertips to the bottom of the cropped sweater I wore. I giggled as he slipped his hand up it, his touch tickling me a little. "It gets lonely?" I echoed, smiling. "Soren, you lived here alone before I moved in. What do you mean?" I asked. His slight smile slowly turned into a frown as he stared at me. "It's your fault. I've grown so used to having you here with me that it doesn't feel the same when I'm alone anymore." He accused, huffing.

"My fault?" I narrowed my eyes at him and felt my heart pounding faster from his words, though I tried to ignore it. "It's not like I had a choice in living with you." I mumbled, glancing away.

It was then that he paused and removed his hand from beneath my sweater before he pulled away from me entirely, letting me sit up. He now sat across from me, on the other end of the couch. A serious expression sat on his handsome face. "Do you resent me for it? This...This marriage?" He asked, staring at me intently. Though his question was one I knew he wanted an answer to, he didn't rush me to respond right away. I was grateful for that, even if I didn't need long to think it over in the first place. "No." I said honestly, shaking my head. "But I wish we had met under different circumstances, maybe. Still, I don't resent you for any of this. I agreed to it, and besides, I think we get along pretty well for two people who were strangers when we got married." I couldn't help but to grin and he chuckled back. If I wasn't mistaken, I thought he looked relieved to hear me say all of that.

"Ayla?" He said, making me curiously raise my brows at him. His blue eyes examined my face and he moved towards me again. "Call in for today. Just this once?" He nearly pleaded. I tried to refuse but he kept on asking, wanting me to stay here with him since he had the day off today as well. "Fine, fine." I eventually relented, shaking my head as I reached to my purse and dug out my phone.

I had barely gotten off the phone after calling out of work before Soren practically hauled me up over his bare shoulder, making me squeal in surprise. He was still in only his boxers that he had slept in last night, which I definitely wasn't complaining about. The sight was quite a magnificent one to behold. I managed to kick my shoes off somewhere along the steps as he carried me upstairs, hearing them thud against the floor. He carried me back into his room and I laughed as he carefully swung me onto his soft bed, my body bouncing against the mattress. I sat up when Soren entered his closet and then emerged a moment later, one of his t-shirts hanging from his grasp.

I knew it was meant for me and I liked wearing his clothes, so I took mine off, trading it out for his shirt instead. He hummed as he looked at me, pink lips tugging into that familiar smirk. "So unbelievably beautiful." He mused, strutting over to me. I bit my lip to hide the giddy smile that threatened to break through, pulling back the blankets as I climbed into his bed. My knee sank into the mattress right as Soren delivered a hard smack to my butt, making me squeal in surprise and almost face plant in his blankets. When I shot him a look over my shoulder, he only grinned mischievously. "What?" He asked with faux innocence.

"Geez." I sighed, cuddling up under his warm blankets. "You are such a handful." I said, which just made him laugh loudly and look at me with utter amusement. "I could say the same about you." He teased, the innuendo made obvious by his  suggestive tone.

Flustered, I scowled at him and he laughed, stalking out of his room with a stupid smile on his lips. I bit my lip and snuggled up under the blankets a little more, trying to calm my racing heart as I waited for him to return.