5

~Ayla's POV~

I woke up early the next day to pack a bag for the honeymoon that Soren and I were supposed to go on for the next week. As far as I knew, we were going to a resort. It was mid June so it was pretty hot out, which is why I packed my bathing suit with the rest of my light clothes. Besides, I liked swimming and I highly doubted I'd be having much to do with Soren.

After I had packed my clothes I went ahead and took a shower, glancing at the clock before I got in the shower to see how long I had left to get ready. Luckily for me, I had a little bit over an hour. I tried to make my shower as quick as possible, since I still needed to do my makeup once I had showered as well. Once I showered I wrapped myself in a towel and entered my room, grabbing my makeup caboodle before I plopped down on my bed. I did my normal makeup routine, which consisted of foundation, concealer, a little powder, bronzer and blush, highlight, filling in my brows, very light eyeshadow, mascara and then finally a pair of false lashes. I decided I didn't feel like wearing lipstick today so I just used some chapstick instead.

By the time I had finished, I had barely any time left to spare because Soren was supposed to arrive in less than ten minutes. I hauled ass into my closet and randomly pulled on a black t-shirt, a black and brown plaid skirt and a pair of ankle high heeled booties. It was hot out today, and I didn't particularly want to sweat my ass off in jeans. No thank you.

I spritzed some perfume on and then heard the sound of impatient knocking on the front door, so I grabbed my bag and hurried to the front door. When I opened it, Soren was there, of course, and he looked unimpressed as he looked at me. "Uh," I said awkwardly, raising my brows at him. "Are we going to go?" I asked, and he turned around, walking off without replying. I locked the front door and went to his car, putting my bag in his backseat before I climbed into the passenger's side of the front seat. When I sat down, I looked out the window at my house and it was then that I realized that, after I got back from this honeymoon, I would no longer live here. When I got back, I would have to move in with Soren, which made me frown. It didn't exactly seem appealing to live with him, considering he didn't act like he liked me at all. Hell, he probably wanted me gone.

The drive to the resort was incredibly awkward, mainly because neither one of us spoke and I didn't have the courage to either start a conversation or try to turn on the radio, so it ended up being silent the entire car ride. That's why I couldn't help but to be relieved when we finally arrived, several long hours later.

Soren checked us in whilst I carried our bags in since we had both only brought one bag. And the most surprising part? My bag was much lighter than his, even though I had packed seven outfits, seven pairs of pajamas, bras and underwear, my bathing suit, bathroom essentials like my toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo and conditioner, etc, but also my makeup. Somehow, though, the contents of his bag were heavier than mine, making me kind of curious as to what the hell he had packed.

"Let's go," Soren said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I shook my head and followed after him, a little awed by how nice this place was. I wonder how nice our rooms are?

It was when we stopped at a big set of double doors that Soren used the key to unlock that I realized something—there was no "rooms." No, there was a room, which I would be sharing with him. It was to be expected, of course, since we were now technically newlyweds on our honeymoon but it had slipped my mind for a moment. None of this even seemed real to me.

We entered the incredibly large room and he shut the double doors behind us, locking them afterwards. I had never been to a resort before, so I was awed at how luxurious the room we had was. Walking into the room you entered a living room that had a huge flatscreen TV and two chairs across from a pretty couch that had light blue cushions on it, with a glass table between the couch and the chairs. The layout of the room was kind of odd, I thought at first, because the bedroom was directly to the right of the living room and there was no door to separate the two, just an arched doorway. The bed was against the wall in the middle, looking out a pair of double glass doors that led out to a large deck and a private pool and hot tub. Then came the most baffling part.

To the very right of the bedroom was the bathroom, and the kicker? There was no door to that room, either. It was just an arched doorway.

I rushed into the bathroom, which in itself was very beautiful, and looked around like a door would suddenly pop out of nowhere. The bathroom was set up so the large jacuzzi bathtub was in the middle of the floor—right in front of the doorway. Behind that was a shower that lined the wall between two large sinks, and the toilet was to the very right, sort of hidden behind a door in the corner. But I realized that there was certainly no door into the bathroom itself, just to the toilet. Essentially, if I was taking a bath or shower and someone was in the living or bedroom, they'd see me totally naked.

"Uh, Soren?" I asked, incredibly put off as I exited the bathroom. He was sitting on the edge of the bed, glancing over at me with raised brows. "Where the hell is the door?" I asked, gesturing to the bathroom entrance. He just shrugged. "There isn't one." He said simply, turning back to his phone like there was nothing wrong here. "Yeah, I noticed. That's kind of the problem." I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest. He looked over at me again and raised his brows. "What the hell do you expect me to do? Magic you up a door?" He snorted, seeming to not care very much.

A frustrated sigh left me. "I can't shower or bathe if you can just see me naked." I told him, and he smirked at me in amusement. "Are you insinuating that you think I'd look? I'm not some sort of peeping tom." He said, causing me to purse my lips. "I'm a perfect gentleman." He added, giving me a sly wink. I blinked at him, furrowing my brows a little bit. "You don't have to be a peeping tom in this situation. I can see directly in the bathroom from here." I said, causing him to glance behind me and hum in thought. "Okay, okay. Fair point. How about this? When one of us needs to shower, we'll leave until the other texts to say that it's okay to come back." He suggested, making me pause. Sure it wasn't ideal, but it was certainly better than him seeing me naked. "Okay. Yeah, that'll work." I agreed, feeling a little bit more at ease now.

He nodded his head and then went back to doing whatever he was doing on his phone, whereas I decided to unpack my suitcase and put my clothes in the eight drawer dresser that was to the right of the bed. I ended up using three of the eight drawers for my clothes, which left him the other five for himself. "Soren?" I called his name as I leaned over to grab my suitcase, zipping the empty bag shut. He didn't answer so I had to stand and turn around to see if he was just ignoring me. To my surprise, he wasn't.

In fact his eyes were already on me, but he didn't actually respond to me. "You remember my name?" He said, out of the blue. I furrowed my brows and nodded my head. "Well, yes. It would be a little odd if I didn't even know my own husband's name, wouldn't it?" I drawled, causing him to smirk slightly. "I've forgotten yours. Tell me it again." He demanded, his confession surprising me a little. "My name is Ayla." I reminded him even though I was a little bit offended that he hadn't even concerned himself with remembering my name before now. I had to cut him a little slack, I reminded myself. This was only the second time we had ever even spoken to each other, and the first time was only very briefly after our wedding yesterday.

"Listen up, Ayla," He said suddenly, causing me to raise my brows a little as I looked at him. "I don't have any interest in this marriage, or in pretending like I do. If you or my dad thinks that some stupid piece of paper that says I'm married means anything to me, it doesn't. It changes nothing. I barely know you at all, and I have no interest in playing pretend. I'm still me." He told me, causing me to furrow my brows in confusion as I peered up at him. "What does that mean?" I asked him, incredibly lost. He just looked at me and then shook his head. "Don't worry about it. It doesn't matter anyway." He assured me, causing me to frown at him.

It seemed Soren was a man who didn't like being told what to do. Something told me he was not going to make any of this easy on me.