34

~Ayla's POV~

When Soren returned to his room, he came back with two plates stacked full of food that smelled utterly delicious. My mouth was practically watering as he set my plate in my lap carefully and then joined me back in bed with his own plate. I glanced over at him, wondering if I should jump his bones just for the fact that he made me breakfast.

Noticing that I was staring, he looked at me and an amused smile formed on his full, pretty pink lips. "Something you have to say to me?" He asked playfully, causing me to giggle and shake my head quickly. "No, no. I just wasn't expecting you to make breakfast for me." I admitted, causing him to cock up a brow. "Oh? So you're saying you thought I'd make food for myself and not even give you any, then?" He asked, taking my words entirely the incorrect way. I wildly shook my head, not wanting him to get the wrong idea. "No, no." I protested. "I wasn't expecting breakfast to be made. That's all." I clarified, eyeing the food on my plate.

He had made these delicious looking red velvet cake cinnamon rolls, a few slices of bacon, and a small parfait. He had even brought me orange juice, which he knew I liked.

I made an immediate grab for the red velvet cake cinnamon rolls, moaning in delight when I took a bite. Beside me, I could feel Soren just shaking with laughter, amused with my uncontrollable habit. "Hmm," He began playfully, eating some of his bacon as he watched me. "I'm guessing it's good?" He wondered, cocking his head to the side. I looked at him, wondering why he didn't just eat his if he wanted to know, but I saw he had actually made himself something different from what he had made me. On his plate was bacon, a load of hash browns, and this giant looking sausage, egg and cheese sandwich. It looked really good.

"Hey!" I frowned, glancing from his plate up to him. "Why do you have different food?" I asked. He smiled in amusement as he watched me take another bite, pointing one long finger towards my plate. "I made that specifically for you. I only made those two, though, because I've never made them before and I didn't want to make too many of you didn't even like them." He explained. I made that specifically for you. My mind kept focusing on those words, making me smile softly. I hoped to god I wasn't flushed, too, or he'd see it.

"Here." I held out the red velvet cake cinnamon roll to him. "Try it." I said.

Soren smiled in amusement but gently grabbed me, his large hand looking even bigger around my wrist, and then took a big bite that I hadn't expected him to. My jaw slacked at how much he had eaten just from that one bite. "Hey!" I exclaimed, scowling at him. "I said try it, not devour it all in one bite!"

He just laughed, a smile still on his full lips as he chewed. "Mm. I did pretty fucking good, don't you think?" He murmured, licking a bit of icing off his bottom lip. My eyes flickered to his mouth and he smirked when he noticed, making me quickly look back at my food. "It is pretty good." I admitted begrudgingly, knowing I was only feeding his already massive ego. I finished off the last of the red velvet cinnamon roll and then kept eating the rest of my food, feeling thankful that Soren actually knew how to cook. I could cook very limited things—like macaroni, spaghetti, or eggs. I wasn't exactly the best at it whatsoever, but Soren seemed pretty good at it, which was both handy and slightly unfair. He was even more perfect because of it. Was there anything this man couldn't do well?

The two of us finished off our food and he set our two plates on the nightstand beside the table, practically crawling into my arms as he grinned. I groaned and felt him slither his arms my waist, pulling down into his blankets as he rolled onto me. His big body practically smushed mine into his mattress, a grunt of surprise leaving me at the sudden weight on top of me. "My god, you're heavy, Soren." I gasped, causing him to laugh, his arms remaining tightly wrapped around my waist. "Yeah." He muttered in agreement.

"And your tits make great pillows." He retorted, nuzzling his face between my breasts. I stifled a grin and looped my arms around his body, feeling the warm skin of his back beneath my palms. "What does that have to do with anything?" I asked, growing much more accustomed to having his weight laid on top of me. "Oh, my bad. I thought we were taking turns stating our observations of one another." He said. I just laid my head back down on the pillows and he nuzzled his face between my breasts again, humming in delight as he did so. My lips twitched again and I found myself unsure what to think of his actions. "What on earth do you keep doing that for?" I asked him, failing to stop myself from giggling.

In response, he lifted his head and gazed up at me, letting his chin rest on my chest. "Didn't I just say they make great pillows?" He teased, giving me a playful grin.

I laughed and shook my head as I plopped my head back against the pillows again to look up at the ceiling, bemused. We both lapsed into a comfortable silence, his head still remaining on my chest as he laid on me, seemingly rather comfortable where he was. Really, though, I didn't mind. He was heavy but he was also warm and something about having him lay on me like this felt nice, almost peaceful.

"Ayla?" He mumbled suddenly, causing me to hum in question and glance down at him. When my eyes landed on his face, he looked to me as if he were asleep, so I immediately sealed my lips shut again out of fear that I would wake him up by talking. I assumed that he must've fallen asleep at some point and was now talking in his sleep, which I didn't know he did. Even when we had gone on our honeymoon together all those months ago and we'd shared a bed, I hadn't ever heard him talking in his sleep. I tried to listen to him to see if I could understand what he was saying, but most of it made pretty much no sense to me. At one point, I was pretty sure I heard him mutter into my breasts, "Ayla, no. The aliens don't like chocolate."

It was safe to say that I gave up on trying to get anything that made sense out of his sleep talking after that. When he did wake up, though, it was about two hours later. I felt him shifting his head around on my chest, essentially just nuzzling his face between my breasts as I was trying to watch TV, and I glanced down at him. Instead of a still sleeping Soren, I was met with the sight of a sleepy, confused Soren who stared back up at me. "Damn. I fell asleep, didn't I?" He groaned softly, not bothering to move. He just settled his cheek back down onto my body and continued to peer up at me through sleepy eyes.

"Of course. You did say my boobs make great pillows, remember?" I asked playfully.